Evaluation days 0, how do I get the Released copy? RRS feed

• Question

• I was a beta tester on WHS and I do not mind paying for a copy of the Home server software, it is worth it.  But I am getting messages that my evaluation copy is up and to upgrade to the released version.  Only problem is, how do I upgrade.  I see no place to do this and I have four computers backed up on the server running RC.   Please, someone let me know where I can buy the released version, as I need my backup to remain intact.  WHS is a great product and I am recommending it to everyone I can.

Thanks,

Jim Marcum

Associate Director for Academic Computing

Elmhurst College

Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Here one link for buy.com and another uk link

As in others countires, will come soon to newegg.com and a like.

Many topics here have a link to some online that taking order for WHS OEM.

My best.

Edit: More link in this Topic as well.
    Saturday, September 8, 2007 6:11 PM
  •  Jimmarcum wrote:

I was a beta tester on WHS and I do not mind paying for a copy of the Home server software, it is worth it.  But I am getting messages that my evaluation copy is up and to upgrade to the released version.  Only problem is, how do I upgrade.  I see no place to do this and I have four computers backed up on the server running RC.   Please, someone let me know where I can buy the released version, as I need my backup to remain intact.  WHS is a great product and I am recommending it to everyone I can.

Thanks,

Jim Marcum

Elmhurst College

It is available in some parts of the world.  You can now pre-order it here in the USA (but it's still not shipping).

It says your evaluation copy has expired?  It shouldn't be saying that at this point in time (RC1 hasn't been available for 180 days yet).  It should be good til around the end of the year at the earliest.  Are you sure you have RC1?  (It should be 6.0.1424.2 for all of the installed components)

All replies

• Hi,

Here one link for buy.com and another uk link

As in others countires, will come soon to newegg.com and a like.

Many topics here have a link to some online that taking order for WHS OEM.

My best.

Edit: More link in this Topic as well.
  •  Jimmarcum wrote:

I was a beta tester on WHS and I do not mind paying for a copy of the Home server software, it is worth it.  But I am getting messages that my evaluation copy is up and to upgrade to the released version.  Only problem is, how do I upgrade.  I see no place to do this and I have four computers backed up on the server running RC.   Please, someone let me know where I can buy the released version, as I need my backup to remain intact.  WHS is a great product and I am recommending it to everyone I can.

Thanks,

Jim Marcum

Elmhurst College

It is available in some parts of the world.  You can now pre-order it here in the USA (but it's still not shipping).

It says your evaluation copy has expired?  It shouldn't be saying that at this point in time (RC1 hasn't been available for 180 days yet).  It should be good til around the end of the year at the earliest.  Are you sure you have RC1?  (It should be 6.0.1424.2 for all of the installed components)

• This was a known bug with the RC release, and the timebomb. To get the accurate status of the timebomb, Remote Desktop in to your server, and then open the run dialog and run 'winver' and it will give you the date the software will expire.

Abobader has already given links to where the software can be purchased. With regard to upgrades, see the FAQs as there is some information there that should help you out.

Saturday, September 8, 2007 9:08 PM
  •  

so more or less just ignore that warning becasue the true expiration date is found in winver??
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:54 AM