MSCRMEmail error #26090 Error opening mailbox RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

The following error appeared several times in the events viewer:

#26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox mailer@mycompany.com. System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 66.118.138.216:110
       at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.Connect(Boolean useSsl)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3PollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Can anyone share with me what this error mean and how can I resolve it?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Ashley,

this error has to do with CRM email router.  See http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/bebbe13d8dea7ac6 for some suggestions.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:49 AM
  • Hi Joel,

The workable solutions listed in the link you provided suggest using domain admin credentials and system administrator account in CRM. The mailer@mycompany.com address belongs to a CRM account which already has system administrator privileges in CRM. This account also happens to be a domain admin account in AD. What else can I do to resolve this problem?

Email sending in my CRM system is activated by workflows and our email is provided by a third party ISP. I have tried sending emails manually using the account and there is no problem. There are also no problems stated when configuring the Email Router.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:04 AM
  • For me the issue was related to the mail router configuration, Once I set the autodiscover mark checked in the configuration of incoming and outgoing profiles... everything started working as expected and the error is gone.

Mohammed JH

Friday, July 5, 2013 8:30 AM