wrong windows RRS feed

  • Question

  • I order a computer two years ago, about 6 six month my computer crash, I took it to my friend to fix it, I could'n find my window xp home cd, so he puts xp pro, so I getting, the genuine alerts, I have my serial No. for home, so what can I do?????????????????
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:23 AM


  • nitecris,

    If you lost your XP Home Edition CD, you can get a replacement.

    1.  If the CD was made by or had the computer manufacturer's name on the CD, contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

    2.  If the CD was a genuine MS hologram CD and your Certificate of Authenticity reads "OEM Software" in black lettering, you can ask your systembuilder to order a replacement CD from Microsoft.  Microsoft does not charge the systembuilder for the replacement, but the systembuilder is allowed to charge you to cover the administrative costs of processing the replacement request.

    3.  If #2 above but the systembuilder is no longer in business, MS will send you a replacement CD for a $30 fee.  See this link:  http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/a/b/babc90a1-b794-4a94-84f5-cbc37827ddca/end-user_media_replacement_form.pdf

    See this link for more info:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=326246

    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 3:03 AM

All replies