Incomplete stream of video file RRS feed

• Question

• When I stream a video remotely from my vail home server, the video comes up, plays fine, but only loads about 30-45 minutes of the video. Then the stream just plain stops. No error messages, just stops. I have tried different video files with no success. There is no rhyme or reason to the stoppages either.

Any Ideas?

Monday, December 20, 2010 10:08 AM

All replies

• What happens when you stream it locally using the remote access web site?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:45 AM
  • I just was able to give this a try. When streaming locally via the net I am able to load the entire file. I'll have to try a separate network to see if it is an issue at my work.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:31 PM
  • I am relatively certain it is network connection speed that causes issues.  I have had some videos work and some not depending on whether I had a good internet connection or just an ok one.  I have better luck with wired computers and worse luck with wireless like a laptop or my netbook and it does not matter if that is at home or at my relatives home.  I like that MS have included this feature, but am not impressed with their current implementation of the tech.  No options to set quality when using the remote access and no aspect ratio options and spotty file playback.  And why oh why do they need to only support MP4 and WMV and xvid.  Can't they allow codecs to control the playback.  Anyway.  It is not surprising to hear this is the case for you imo.  They really have a lot of work to do to make the file playback solid, quick and adjustable.  Still a really cool feature that I hope they keep and I know this is only a beta.
    Monday, January 3, 2011 11:25 PM