Email generation through Workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

We successfully installed CRM for Outlook in everyone's system.

Also created one workflow for case acknowledgement.When i create and assign the case to a particular user,that workflow should send an acknowledgement to their mail address right.

It is working properly for some users and not working properly for some other users.

What will be the reason for this issue?

Please help me out i anybody knows the reason.

Thanks and Regards.

• Edited by NB515 Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:53 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:35 PM

Answers

• Please check the scope of workflow from here....

• Marked as answer by NB515 Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:38 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:11 AM
  • Hi,

Right - now we're getting somewhere!

The issue is that the contact/account/lead that you are sending the email to doesn't have an email address set in the emailaddress1 (primary email) field or they are have the 'do not email' flag set on their record.

This is why sometimes the problem happens and sometimes not - because some of your account/contact/leads have this and some don't.

hth

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:31 AM
    Answerer
  • the person to whom i am sending email have their primary email address

Everyone has their primary email address..

and also i set the option for everyone

"Allow other Microsoft Dynamics CRM users to send e-mail on your behalf”

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Some things to check:

1. Who are you sending the email from - the user that the email is from will determine how it will be sent - for instance, if the email is from a user who has their email configured to be outlook, but outlook is not open, the email won't get sent.

2. Is the workflow set to run a the 'Organisation' scope - the scope determines when an automatic workflow is run depending on the owner of the user. Make sure the scope is set to 'organisation' to make it run for all users.

3. If you are sending emails from different users in the workflow - make sure the owner of the workflow has got permissions to send on behalf of other users in their user role.

4. Is there an error in the workflow or does it just not get started? If there is an error - expand the 'Details' section to get more info on the error.

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello Scott,

thanks for the reply..

Where can we  check scope of the workflow?

One more thing i want to say that,the created workflow is working fine for the persons who are having administration permissions and not working for the people who are having the role as Employee.(Employee role is a user defined role which is created by us).

I didn't get your third point.Can you please explain me in detail?

According to your last point,if there is any error in the workflow it should not work for any one right? we activated it successfully and working properly for some people accounts but not for all,this is the problem i am facing here.

The workflow which i created should work as follows ,if any one created or modified or assigned a case to a person in CRM  that person should the notification through email to their outlook

• Edited by NB515 Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:03 PM Spelling Mistake
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:00 PM
  • Hi,

You can check the scope in the edit workflow page - it is on the right of the page.

The key to understanding this is if you are getting the workflow firing for all users or not.

When the employee modifies or assigns a case, does the workflow start?

If the workflow starts does it complete ok - or does it go into a waiting state? 

If the workflow is not fired (no record under processes on the case) - check the scope since this is likely to be the reason.

My third point is regarding how you send emails in CRM - if you send from a different user other than yourself, you need specific permissions.

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Please check the scope of workflow from here....

Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:11 AM
  • My workflow scope is set to organisation only..

and when a case is  altered the  Workflow is going into waiting State.

What should i do now?

• Edited by NB515 Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:26 AM mistake
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Hi,

Right, so if it is waiting is most likely a permissions thing on sending emails.

Open up the process instance that is in the 'waiting' state and expand the 'Details' section at the bottom - this should give you the complete stack trace of the reason - can you post this along with the message that is shown at the top of the workflow waiting.

When you send an email through a workflow, you must make sure that you have permissions to send emails from the user you are setting the email as being 'from' - otherwise this will give you a security check error on 'Send On Behalf of Another User'.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:45 AM
    Answerer
  • the following message is displaying in workflow

Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable.

Plugin Trace:

[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow.Activities.SendEmail]
    [SendEmailStep1: Case Acknowledgement]

Error Message:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailableDetail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147218688</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable</Message>
      <Timestamp>2013-06-27T08:19:36.325148Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault>
        <ErrorCode>-2147218688</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>Object address not found on party or party is marked as non-emailable</Message>
        <Timestamp>2013-06-27T08:19:36.325148Z</Timestamp>
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <TraceText>[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Workflow.Activities.SendEmail]
    [SendEmailStep1: Case Acknowledgement]
    </TraceText>
    </OrganizationServiceFault>
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InprocessServiceProxy.ExecuteCore(OrganizationRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailActivityService.<>c__DisplayClass1.<SendEmailInternal>b__0(IOrganizationService sdkService)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.ActivityServiceBase.ExecuteInTransactedContext(ActivityDelegate activityDelegate)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailActivityService.ExecuteInternal(ActivityContext executionContext, SendEmail sendEmail)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.Services.SendEmailActivityService.Execute(ActivityContext executionContext, SendEmail sendEmail)
       at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
       at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Right - now we're getting somewhere!

The issue is that the contact/account/lead that you are sending the email to doesn't have an email address set in the emailaddress1 (primary email) field or they are have the 'do not email' flag set on their record.

This is why sometimes the problem happens and sometimes not - because some of your account/contact/leads have this and some don't.

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:31 AM
    Answerer
  • the person to whom i am sending email have their primary email address

Everyone has their primary email address..

and also i set the option for everyone

"Allow other Microsoft Dynamics CRM users to send e-mail on your behalf”

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

It is the Recipient that needs to have the email set - and allow emails:

The Contact/Account/Lead email address:

And the email preferences:

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:47 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks a lot for your support Scott.

Now its working properly.. :)

Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:38 AM