Outlook 2003 wierd rules results RRS feed

• Question

• Since I got such a great response with my last question, I'll ask another that I've been experiencing for a long time now.

Randomly, as far as I can tell, when I go to create a rule based on an existing email (right click the message, choose Create Rule, then select the options), when I hit OK and tell it to run the rule it doesn't do anything. If I go back and check the rule that I just created, the rule shows up as "for another machine", and I have to turn off the "only on this machine" advanced option.

Here's the strange one - the fix I've found for it is this; when I am in the rule options, hit the advanced options button, and immediately cancel out without making any changes. When I hit OK on the main rule options now, everything works. This always works. Without going into the advanced options panel, the results are extremely sporadic, but it seems to me that it fails more often than it works.

Any ideas? This happens on multiple machines, and have yet to come up with a real common element between them.
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:09 PM