getting mcipt server administrator question RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi there,

    I was wondering if someone can help with some advice. Here is my situation. I have my a+ and I have my network+. I worked in the I.T for a company as a network administrator for 2 years. I stop working there and opened my own computer repair shop and have been successful. As much as I  like my own business its hard work and long hours. I would like stop my business and get mcipt certified in server administrator and work for a companyagian. When I read how to get mcipt certified it mentions I should  be working in the field for a meduim to large size company. Can I study and take the exams without working for a company. Is it just 3 exams 70-640, 70-643, 70-646.

    Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:00 AM


  • Yes, you can study for, and take (and hopefully pass) the exams without working for a company.  The reason MS recommends working for a company is that you have "hands on" experience in working with Server 2008. 

    For the MCITP Server 2008 Server Administrator, 70-640, 70-642, and 70-646 are required.  Personally, I'd recommend going for the whole enchilada, and earning the MCITP Enterprise Administrator.  You can find information on both here - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-windowsserver.aspx#tab3

    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:29 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:30 PM