none
Dell Laptop Memory Failure after running standard level windows diagnostic RRS feed

• Question

• My Dell XPS 13 (L321X) with Win7 Home Premium has been have strange battery issues that I believe are linked to a software issue keeping it from charging. During the course of my investigation into the matter I found the windows diagnostic tool which I decided to run to see if the battery itself was faulty. I rebooted into the setup screen and chose the standard level full diagnostic.  It said my battery was nearing the end of its usable life and the test continued to end of the standard memory.  Everything passed and I opted out of the extended memory check...

Now I exit and reboot to a powered on beeping laptop.  The beep code is 4 beeps repeating corresponding to a memory read/write failure.  I also notice the laptop was rather hot after the test...

Has anyone else experienced or have any possible remedies?  If there is a memory failure I have to trash the whole thing because the memory is soldered into the motherboard and move on to data recovery.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:07 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, March 10, 2017 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask Dell.

You could also ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:56 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask Dell.

You could also ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:06 PM