Outlook 2003 Error Message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator. RRS feed

• General discussion

• When
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:32 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:44 AM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hello. This is rawlegal (the poster) I am new to this user group stuff, soplease forgive me , if I amnot following protocol. Ionly have one computerr, so I am the administrator. When I open an email and click on a hyperlink within the e-mail, I get this message. I never got it before.

I have a cat that likes to walk across the keyboard (I am trying to keep her out of the room where the computer is).

I can however, for instance go to a website and click on a subitem(hyperlink) within that website and it will work. For instance if I go to MSN, I can click on a newsarticle and it will appear. I do not have any firewalls other than the Windows Firewall,

I have an Inspiron 1150, with Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2003.

I do not have any viruses or malware , as I already did scans with :

Malaware Antimalware, and Super Sntispyware.

I also have this utility called Glary Utilities, and it was a test version, which is now expired. I didnt really understand all of the things it does, and this happened after I allowed "Glary" to tell me to change some Registry entires that were somehow "invalid". I did not creaqte a back up of the Registry.

Should I try System Restore?
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:43 AM
  • The forum you posted to is for the discussion of Microsoft Security Essentials beta. Try this - open Control Panel, add/remove programs, select Outlook 2003, select Change/Remove, select repair. If that does not resolve the issue you can get help with Outlook here - http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:52 AM