none
Changing the image on the Windows Home Server Web Page RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody know how to successfully change the image on the Windows Home Server Web Page?
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:55 PM

Answers

• Mikester, you can very easily change this with the Whiist add-in.  (http://www.andrewgrant.org/whiist)  I'm not at home right now to check, but I believe the setting to change this shows up in the console after installing this add-in.  The only issue I've had with it is that after upgrading to either PP1 or PP2 (I can't remember which) my image was reset to the default.

There's probably another way if you don't want to use an add-in to do it, but I think many people here will vouch for Whiist being a solid add-in.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mikester86 Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:09 PM
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:25 AM
  • Manually you would change two pictures on the local system drive of your server:
    i_landingpage_main.png in C:\Inetpub\home\images (for the picture on the login screen)
    i_default_photo.png in C:\Inetpub\remote\images (for the picture on the remote access site)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:13 PM

All replies

• Mikester, you can very easily change this with the Whiist add-in.  (http://www.andrewgrant.org/whiist)  I'm not at home right now to check, but I believe the setting to change this shows up in the console after installing this add-in.  The only issue I've had with it is that after upgrading to either PP1 or PP2 (I can't remember which) my image was reset to the default.

There's probably another way if you don't want to use an add-in to do it, but I think many people here will vouch for Whiist being a solid add-in.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:23 PM
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:25 AM
  • Manually you would change two pictures on the local system drive of your server:
    i_landingpage_main.png in C:\Inetpub\home\images (for the picture on the login screen)
    i_default_photo.png in C:\Inetpub\remote\images (for the picture on the remote access site)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:13 PM