view dropdown list RRS feed

• Question

• I use Project Server 2013 and Internet Explorer 11.

I have an issue with the dropdown list in the views as I only see one value. For example in the Project Center, the only option that I have is the "Summary" view. For some strange reason, however, I see the whole list in the Resource Assignment view.

I assume that there must be a setting somewhere as it used to work a few days ago. 

• Edited by HFprojects Monday, February 1, 2016 9:44 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 8:32 AM

Answers

• The user returned from leave and I was pleased to see that the dropdown now shows all the values. We didn't make any changes so I'm not sure how it happened.

We can close this post. Thank you to everyone for their participation.

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Monday, May 9, 2016 6:41 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 6:41 AM

All replies

• I would check using a different browser.  If you are still experiencing problems, check that the views still exist in the PWA Settings (Manage views). 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, February 1, 2016 8:35 AM
  • All the views exist in the PWA settings. It worked for me last week with the same browser so I'm not sure if that is the issue. 

I'll try to get another browser installed but the trouble is that we are a "Microsoft shop" so it isn't "easy" to get another browser installed.

• Edited by HFprojects Monday, February 1, 2016 8:50 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2016 8:42 AM
  • I   installed Chrome and it gives the same error in that I can only see one view in the dropdown. 
    Monday, February 29, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

Did you check that the views still exist in the PWA Settings (Manage views), and that you have the rights to see them?

Monday, February 29, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Yes I did. It seems to behave randomly in that the dropdown box sometimes shows a list of views and other times only the currect view.
    Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Do you feel the same issue if try to access same view on different system?

or if some one else is able to access the same view without any issue on same system then probably you may have user profile  corruption,try to get profile rebuild through IT System Admin team and then check.Hope that shouldhelp.

Thanks,
    Ashish Tyagi,MCTS Project Server
    Mark as answer if it helps

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Sorry, I misread your 1st post.  Different views exist for different areas of the system, so in the Project Centre you may only see a single view, whereas in the Resource Centre you might have multiple views.  If you are using Project Server permissions mode, then which views you have the rights to use are governed by categories, so if my be that you belong to a category that only has the rights to see the Summary view in the Project Centre...

Monday, April 11, 2016 7:56 AM
  • I just don't see why this would be a profile issue.  I know that they have existed when connecting MSP to Project Server, but this isn't that case.

Monday, April 11, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Considering if this is not permission issue and for the same user if delegation works fine on same system,then it can be related to user domain profile as when its corrupt,user face weird issue like Project Center shows blank or View drop down seems frozen etc.so in some cases in past profile rebuilt has worked to sort out that kind out of weird issues.

Thanks,

Monday, April 11, 2016 8:42 AM
  • But you are making two assumptions... 1. It is not a permission issue and 2. Delegation "works". 

Monday, April 11, 2016 8:51 AM
  • Second assumption is in support to first assumption as if we consider no permission is changed and other user(probably admin) is able to see those views(on the affected system itself) in drop down by taking Delegate of affected user,then it makes us sure that it is neither permission issue nor browser issue as the admin does not face any issue on the impacted system for the impacted user.So its probably related to that impacted user only and here comes the thought of profile corruption which could be one of the cause.

Sorry for the bit confusion above.

Thanks,

Monday, April 11, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Sort of agreed, so the user should review the permissions prior to rebuilding their windows profile :)

Monday, April 11, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Absolutely Ben.Window profile rebuild should be the last option if other things like permissions ,browser etc have not caused the issue. :)

Thankyou.

Thanks,

Monday, April 11, 2016 9:20 AM
  • Thanks for the input. I'll summarzie the problem as I see it.

When I logged this issue on February 1 2016, I wasn't able to see more than one view in the dropdown box. This was despite the fact that they were either the system views or view that I created myself. It didn't matter if which browser I used. Somehow the problem went away and I am now able to see numerous views.

On the other hand, there are users of our system who have the same problem that I have. With reference to what Ashish asked,  when I act as delegates for them, I am able to see  all the views. In other words they  cannot but I can.

Monday, April 11, 2016 11:09 AM
  • Curious to know if any action was taken so that problem went away ?

Thanks,

Monday, April 11, 2016 12:58 PM
  • Nothing was changed.

Same computer, same browser, same permissions, same views.

• Edited by HFprojects Monday, April 11, 2016 1:53 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Ashish:

Based on the troubleshooting help you have received, and if you are certain no Project Server security changes are being made to cause this, then it is time to look at your network. There may be issues there, or perhaps additional security software interference. I suggest that you run a Fiddler trace on the problem machines to see where the problem is occurring.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Monday, April 11, 2016 2:06 PM
  • Thanks Gary.By the way its HFprojects who is facing this issue. :)

HFprojects,as Gary mentioned please try to run Fiddler trace to check if anything related you find as a cause of this problem.

Not sure but have you checked with rebuilding the window profile of affected user as I mentioned initially?If not,please give it a try once.

Thanks,

Monday, April 11, 2016 2:25 PM
  • Thanks Gary.

We'll run the trace and I'll update this post with the results.

Monday, April 11, 2016 3:05 PM
  • The user returned from leave and I was pleased to see that the dropdown now shows all the values. We didn't make any changes so I'm not sure how it happened.

We can close this post. Thank you to everyone for their participation.

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Monday, May 9, 2016 6:41 AM
    Monday, May 9, 2016 6:41 AM