AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 - Conflict Message from Windows Live OneCare (I want to keep AVG, any suggestions?) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I received a message from Windows Live OneCare stating that AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 has been detected and is interferring with Windows Live OneCare and could be affecting my computer's performance.

My questions are as follows:

1) Why am I receiving this message now?  I've been using AVG Anti-Spyware software since I've had this computer.

2) If Windows Live OneCare is protecting this computer, why is it that AVG always seems to find spyware when Windows Live OneCare does not?

3) Do I have to delete AVG?  If not, is there a way to get these two software programs to work without conflict?

Thanks!

Friday, February 1, 2008 12:28 PM

Answers

• 1. Because you probably just received an update to OneCare that is detecting AVG.

2. AVG is probably finding cookies, but may also find other spyware as no single product is perfect. You may want to consider running the online scanner from AVG - http://www.ewido.net as it won't conflict

3. Yes. You should never have more than one security program installed on the PC that provides real time protection or you may experience performance problems or system instability.

-steve

Friday, February 1, 2008 3:00 PM