How to show view on button click? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Web Resource (HTML + JavaScript) which contains a button in it. I wanted to show View on click of button. Can I use OData to filter contents of view and show it?

To be more specific, I want to pass filter (preferably OData) to my created view, or existing view, and show it on button click. I wanted to open view of Contact entity. 

Kindly suggest how to achieve in Dynamics CRM? 

Thanks. 

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not clear with your requirement. DO you mean system and user defined view? are you fetching view from crm and want to modify and execute again after adding some condition?

You can get the fetchxml of view and modify the XML using Soap Javascript.

Please use XrmServiceToolkit. You can modify the FetchXml and call the XrmServiceToolkit.Soap.Fetch method to execute the query and get result.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

I used XrmServiceToolkit.Soap.Fetch, it actually returns result, but does not show view. I wanted to show entity view programatically. 

Regards 

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:51 AM
  • Hello,

Please check following article if this helps, this one is for CRM 2011 but you can do similiar kind of thing in CRM 2013.

http://guruprasadcrm.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/display-fetchxml-in-iframe-in-crm-2011.html

Hope this helps..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Thursday, October 30, 2014 11:51 AM
    Answerer