Convert to Account/Contact if not exist RRS feed

• Question

• I want to convert a lead to an account and contact only if the account/contact does not exist. Any ideas on how this can be achieved without a plugin. Thanks

Monday, April 26, 2010 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Glora,

You could try this,

write your javascript code to detect duplicates and accordingly disable/enable checkboxes for account and contact within the window.onload() function of the conv_lead.aspx page. This would be unsupported customization.

I guess best option here would be write a pre-create plugin and put your logic of detecting duplicates over there and throwing exception.

Regards,

Nishant Rana

http://nishantrana.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:34 AM

All replies

• When the lead is created you can check through java script whether a contact or Organisation exists. Just populate a bit field based on the result. Make a workflow which uses this bit field for creating contact or account or you can do this using javascript also.
    Monday, April 26, 2010 4:47 PM
  • Faisal

I understand the 'bit' field part. How do I prevent the creation of contact/account if it already exists?

Monday, April 26, 2010 6:04 PM
  • If i understand you correctly, you wish to achieve the solution to your requirement without custom code of any form. Well in that case it is not possible. You will have to write either a javascript code or a custom plugin or custom workflow. Reason being, when you are trying to convert the Lead you are trying to search the whole contact and account list if the records exist. This is not possible using out of box CRM options.

Please let me know if you require further details.

Regards,

Neerav

Monday, April 26, 2010 6:51 PM
  • I am okay to achieve this through javascript. In fact I can check for duplicates through web service. My question is, how do I prevent the auto-creation of account/contact when the user clicks on the 'convert lead' button and chooses Account or Contact and hits okay?
    Monday, April 26, 2010 7:22 PM
  • Hi Glora,

You could try this,

write your javascript code to detect duplicates and accordingly disable/enable checkboxes for account and contact within the window.onload() function of the conv_lead.aspx page. This would be unsupported customization.

I guess best option here would be write a pre-create plugin and put your logic of detecting duplicates over there and throwing exception.

Regards,

Nishant Rana

http://nishantrana.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:34 AM