none
Lost connection to my home server RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP Home Server and has been functional for quite some time. Now I am not able to access it and worse! every time I connect it to my D-Link DIR-855 wireless router, it blocks my internet connection. So no idea if anyone knows what sort of configuration I need to do on the router to make it work again...
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:14 AM

All replies

• Which model is it and how much memory is in it?

I have seen this behavior with my EX470 after upgrading to 2 GB memory, The server randomly crashed and flooded the network switch blocking any traffic. Had to manually power off and on to get it back.

No tried workaround, driver upgrade or disabled component in device manager ever helped to solve this, only increased the time between the incidents. Replacing the consumer grade switch with a professional swich solved the network blocking issue, but not the crashes.

Finally downgraded the machine to 1 GB RAM - since that time no single freeze happened.

Since the memory module works well in another system and the same behavior as also been reported by other owners, I assume that there is a component using an address pool in the memory range above 1 GB, which may be filled after some time and cause the issue then. (Driver, Bios, Firmware issue, something like that.)

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:52 AM