none
Can't add photo to forum post RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to post a forum question with a photo (diagram), and can't due to the following error.

Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.

Same result on mac-based Safari and Chrome.

I've had the LiveID for years, and was logged on automatically when I followed a link to this site.  I set the alert email today, and verified that, but didn't see anything else having to do with account verification.  

If I need to verify my account, how do I do that?

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I didn't find answers browsing or searching, and I'm not sure how to get this resolved.

Thanks.

Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/d6388af2-66f2-4ac9-a0d4-c640f43c6a79

which is on the same topic. I suggest to send e-mail to fissues at microsoft dot com and explain your problem, it may expedite verification of your account. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:07 AM
  • Naomi,

Thanks! That cleared up my confusion.  I understand the motivation for their approach from the forum management perspective.  I like the gamification aspect of earning functionality through participation.  I'm thinking an addition to the FAQ would be in order, though.  Since this is a new (?) approach to attacking the issue, it seems like a lot of folks will be confused.

Also, I wonder if they can't just disable addition of images and links on the front end for new users rather than handling it in validation?  Users may be disappointed when they can't use/find the button, but at least they won't add images and links to a post, only to discover they're not able to submit.

I may add the suggestion to the earlier thread.

On a side note, I experienced the "Unexpected Error" issue trying to Mark your reply as the answer. :-/ I'll keep working on it.

Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Let me first address your last note - take a look at this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/6862b448-1e9a-4b6d-a93c-8545794907a3 and the thread referenced in it. It is a bug with at least 2 months history and it is affecting me mostly.

I agree with your ideas, I think both FAQ and a different verification mechanism (e.g. verification up front instead of submit) are in order.

BTW, I also got an 'Unexpected Error' right now after about 20 seconds waiting. Got it the second time again, re-trying third time.

My blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:39 PM
  • I'm sorry to hear about your trouble getting credit for answers! That must be frustrating after going to the trouble of helping people.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help there.

I added a post to the original thread you provided with those suggestions.  Hopefully it'll do some good. :-)

Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:43 PM
  • You can not do much except for voting my posts as helpful so I can get at least some credit.

My blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012 7:01 PM