CRM Outlook Client - Configuration Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone hopefully someone here can help. I have a 2008 server installed with crm 4.0. Everything is up and running. When I run the CRM Outlook Client - Configuration Wizard  as a administrator for the domain everything works fine. Any other account on the domain does not install the crm client. Instead during the install it asks me for a organization name with no option to choose from. I even gave all of the users in crm every role. What am i doing wrong and How can i fix this issue.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:26 PM

Answers

• You need to resolve this problem before attempting to install the Outlook Client:

Any user that tries to goto http://crmserver recives this message.

"Invalid User Authorization
    The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid."

Did you use the CRM UI to create the users in CRM?  Check the Active Directory settings for each of the users to ensure the settings look like the CRM Administrator setting since the CRM Administrator user appears to be working. 

You can try the below steps if you find that the users groups do not match the Admin user groups.

add the computer account to the PrivUserGroup group and to the SQLAccessGroup group in Active Directory:
    1. On the domain controller, start Active Directory Users and Computers.
    2. Right-click PrivUserGroup, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Members tab, click Add, and then add the CRM server computer account.
    4. In Active Directory Users and Computers, right-click SQLAccessGroup, and then click Properties.
    5. Click the Members tab, click Add, and then add the CRM server computer account.
    6. On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.
    7. At the command prompt, type iisreset.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:38 PM

All replies

• Can the other users login ok to ms crm via the web browser?

Are the users members of a crm security role?
    Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:28 PM
  • Any user that tries to goto http://crmserver recives this message.

All users have all roles applied. even system admin roles in crm. I couldnt not find a security role under settings users roles.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:01 PM
  • You need to resolve this problem before attempting to install the Outlook Client:

Any user that tries to goto http://crmserver recives this message.

Did you use the CRM UI to create the users in CRM?  Check the Active Directory settings for each of the users to ensure the settings look like the CRM Administrator setting since the CRM Administrator user appears to be working. 

You can try the below steps if you find that the users groups do not match the Admin user groups.

add the computer account to the PrivUserGroup group and to the SQLAccessGroup group in Active Directory:
    1. On the domain controller, start Active Directory Users and Computers.
    2. Right-click PrivUserGroup, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Members tab, click Add, and then add the CRM server computer account.
    4. In Active Directory Users and Computers, right-click SQLAccessGroup, and then click Properties.
    5. Click the Members tab, click Add, and then add the CRM server computer account.
    6. On the Microsoft CRM server, click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.
    7. At the command prompt, type iisreset.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:38 PM
  • This did not solve my problem. the groups are already there. added users in active directory then added them to the crm under settings users and gave them every role.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Are your users logged into the domain on their computer when they attempt to access CRM?

Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:22 PM