none
.NETCFv2 Installation Woes RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a Pocket PC application in Visual Studio 2005, and have a couple issues.

When deploying on a Windows Mobile 6 PDA, which has .NET CF 2 included in the ROM, I still must install "NETCFv2.wm.armv4i.cab", which came with Visual Studio, for the application to run. Installing the CF 2 SP 2 does not suffice. The plan is to deploy that cab with the application, but I do not think it should be necessary. Any idea why that specific version needs installed? When I check for CF version installed, it returns the same version number whether or not this cab was deployed. How can I differentiate between the two on the PDA so I don't try to reinstall it on every install?

My other issues is that after packaging the project into a CAB, which is set to create a shortcut in the start menu on the pocket pc, and installing it on a WM5 PPC, it creates a new shortcut to the application every install. If I try to reinstall the app, I will end up with another shortcut each time. How can I correct this?

Thank you,
    Michael
    • Moved by Figo Fei Monday, June 23, 2008 6:08 AM redirect
    Friday, June 20, 2008 1:50 PM

Answers

All replies