is live mesh still working and being developed? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using windows live mesh for the last two years or so and while it seems to be doing the job, it seems to have stopped working on my computers lately (win7 and xp, icon shows at the bottom as loading, but doesn't load).  is there a roadmap for the product?  it seems to have been fairly quiet the last while.  i'm hoping sticking with mesh the last while was a wise decision... 
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:44 AM

Answers

• There is no news to relay at this point, but it is my understanding that development is continuing, so stay tuned.
    As for it not working on your PCs, post your specific issue(s) and any error messages. Failure to load can be caused by many things, but is most often resolved by a reinstall of the client, with the worst case requiring a removal of the device(s) from www.mesh.com before the reinstall and reconfiguring the sync relationships.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:04 PM

All replies

• I only just started using it yesterday (mostly for the remote desktop features) and it appears they don't work at all at the moment.

Ok, not true, I installed it all last night (on 5 seperate machines), when I woke up this morning one of them had a "Connect to this machine!" entry next to its name (the rest all said things like: "can't connect.  Check notifier, maybe you need to install rdp tools" (I don't they all have them installed, they all have unrestricted HTTP/HTTPS access etc.etc)
    Anyway, so I could remote desktop to one machine this morning.  After disconnecting, it went back to saying: "Can't connect, make sure you install tools etc".

So, back to last night...

Maybe I need to wait 24 hours for each remote desktop session??

fun...

And I think its all because they are working furiously to integrate it into the live services wave 4 (or whatever that is) which is meant to be out "soon" (like always).

So they've basically dropped all development on "Live Mesh".  (the rumours are it will become/replace Live Sync and maybe merge with SkyDrive).
    All great things, but you'd wish they left the basic features in and operating until they had.

- Peter
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:12 PM
  • There is no news to relay at this point, but it is my understanding that development is continuing, so stay tuned.
    As for it not working on your PCs, post your specific issue(s) and any error messages. Failure to load can be caused by many things, but is most often resolved by a reinstall of the client, with the worst case requiring a removal of the device(s) from www.mesh.com before the reinstall and reconfiguring the sync relationships.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:04 PM