none
Call Duration RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to fugure out how to capture the call duration to write to a database along with caller ID, etc.  Is there something built-in for call length?

Monday, August 27, 2007 3:06 PM

Answers

• Not sure if there is somthing built in.

I usually capture the call start into a datetime variable right after the answercall activity and use another code activity prior to the disconnect call activity to capture the callend.

I also put some code into the disconnect call fault handler in case the caller hangs up to make sure I set the end of call.  I subtract call start end from the call start to get the duration. I write all three to the database.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:26 AM

All replies

• Not sure if there is somthing built in.

I usually capture the call start into a datetime variable right after the answercall activity and use another code activity prior to the disconnect call activity to capture the callend.

I also put some code into the disconnect call fault handler in case the caller hangs up to make sure I set the end of call.  I subtract call start end from the call start to get the duration. I write all three to the database.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:26 AM
  • Speech Server does measure the call duration, but this is not available directly to the application at runtime.  The call duration is logged to the .etl files in the SessionDisconnectEvent, and is viewable through the Analytics and Tuning Studio.  Angel's method will give a very close approximation to this value.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:37 AM
  • Thanks Anthony.  I was aware of the logging, and that's the reason I was asking about something being built in.  I'll use Angel's recommendation to approximate the time.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:18 AM
  •  

hi,

you can use angels decision, when the user complete the call and the application itself close the connection.

But when the user cut the call, you cant ge the closing time.

In log, you can get all the details whether the line was closed by user or application. You can check out what are all the options user selected before completing the call and many more.

Log is use to use when compare to write code for logging time.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:05 PM
  • I think you'll find that "But when the user cut the call, you cant ge the closing time" is addressed by Angel with "I also put some code into the disconnect call fault handler in case the caller hangs up to make sure I set the end of call"

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:14 PM