none
Getting start with Visual Basic

Question

• Hi all

I'm sure this isn't where this question needs to be, but this seemed to be the noobiest forum possible. Yes, I'm a noob about many things, but I can't learn things if I don't get in over my head. Please be gentle.

I want to learn about Visual Basic. I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have downloaded the file "vs2013.4_dskexp_ENU.iso" from Visual Studios website and I'm trying to install it, but my computer does not have a burner. I saw that 7zip would extract it, and it did, but I can't figure out how to install. There is no "Setup.exe" file in the folder. I saw that File Explorer could do it and right-clicked, but no "mount" option was available. Then I saw to change the "opens with" via "properties." This gave me the mount option and that creates a virtual DVD drive, but I have the same problem as before with the 7z extraction. I've tried a couple free 3rd party programs and had nothing but problems there. I've tried to do this on my own before asking for help, but I'm stuck.

What forum do I need to learn about iso files? I know I'm attempting a pretty steep learning curve, but there's no challenge if I only climb small hills. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:02 PM

Answers

All replies