double billing RRS feed

• Question

• This thread is about as close to my subject as I am going to get. Here is the deal. I have just been billed for a re-up of one year, three PC's which I have paid using my visa card. The renewal date is now 4/6/2009. So far so good. Now for some reason WLO also seems to think that come 7/13/2008 my subscription again will require renewal. Mind you, all is good as far as one of these accounts is concerned. My deal is I need to get the other account that wlo seems to think requires renewal off my account. I only have service to the one account, not two. I did how ever download a trial version a few months back just to get a computer up and running. I am thinking that the trial period is coming to a close. Mind you I am not sure. How can I tell if a trial version is still active. I have gone into my account info and it only shows info for my current WLO subscription. I just don't want WLO to remove funds from my account when I have already paid for and am receiving services. I again will say, I have gone into my account and accessed all my information, so you just need to tell me how to go about removing said account not how to access my information, that I know how to do. I don't see any way of attaching files to this thread. I had also looked threw the related questions and found one concerning double billing, close but no cigar. That one actually is dealing with only one account not two. Thanks for your time.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:35 PM

Answers

• On the copy of OneCare that is reporting a renewal date of 7/13, open it and select Help/About. What version is it showing? And is the Subscription ID shown as the one you checked at the Billing site, http://billing.microsoft.com?
    You may have two accounts, with different LiveIDs or the copy you are currently running that shows the expiration date as 7/13/08 is still in trial mode with a link within the main interface to subscribe to OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:03 PM

All replies

• On the copy of OneCare that is reporting a renewal date of 7/13, open it and select Help/About. What version is it showing? And is the Subscription ID shown as the one you checked at the Billing site, http://billing.microsoft.com?
    You may have two accounts, with different LiveIDs or the copy you are currently running that shows the expiration date as 7/13/08 is still in trial mode with a link within the main interface to subscribe to OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:03 PM
  • I went into help and yes... the ID#'s are different then what shows in my billing site. What's odd is that the version that is up and running with my (Manage your onecare circle) is not the one that I want up and running my system. I only show one program in (add and remove programs), it's as though the one is overwriting the other which means I cannot find and delete the one without deleting all. Help me out here. Should I remove and reinstall? The deal is I had installed WLO after doing a clean install of my OS. I went to the WLO site logged in as a customer, downloaded, restarted and after bringing up WLO for the first time entering all info and this is what I wound up with, a trial version. I do know one thing, it's not what is showing up on WLO billing site as far as the ID number is concerned. Thanks again for the help Stephen, take care

Donk 

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:43 PM
  • Don, sign onto the Billing site with the LiveID shown in the installed copy of OneCare. If you have another subscription under that ID and there is a credit card on file, you will be billed, so you are going to want to cancel one of the subscriptions. If you want to use the LiveID you just renewed for, you will need to reinstall OneCare and activate with that LiveID.

-steve

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:49 PM
  • Oh, and if you do not have a second subscription, and the copy you have is still in trial mode, but has a LiveID shown, but also a "Subscribe" link, use the tool available via this post - Reset a grayed-out Windows Live ID entered with a trial version o...

Then activate the installed copy with the correct LiveID.

-steve

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:52 PM
  • Steve,

I am back with the same problem. I left before reading your last post on installing my ID# into the trial version. I had also gotten tired of getting no where with this. Anyway, I had downloaded WLO on my machine today after a re-install and was trying to use my current ID. I entered my ID and password but it was saying it did not recognize my password, because I used an id# instead of my e-mail address it did not fly. I had always used my e-mail address in the past. I was under the understanding that either the e-mail address, OR id# would work, guess not. Just what is a grayed out area? I show good for both id#'s. No subscribe link shown after activating wlo on to my screen, all is green and good to go. The deal is, I can't get MY my product id# to show up at all. Like I had said when I tried to install using MY correct id# it would not take. HELP!!! I don't know if I should remove WLO from all my machines and start over or not. All I know is that trying to use the correct ID# after viewing, YES... I HAVE an ACCOUNT with WLO, does not work. I get a phrase that is written in red, "password or id number does not match our records", something like that, you get the idea. I want to try this last post of yours, but am not sure what it entails, if it asks for my ID and password, I'm back where I started. Remember, no versions of WLO are in trial mode, or at least they don't show as such, all I know is that it is telling me that my subscription is up for renewal in august. When I go into my account it does show my actual renewal date as being the correct one, nothing else showing as far as a trial version, only the one with the id# that I can't use, which by the way is the good one.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

Donk

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:15 PM
  • Mark as correct answer
             Two active accounts, only one is good.

I am trying to activate my account using my ID#. The problem is I have always used my e-mail address, so it does not take. I am trying to do this because wlo seems to think that come July I am up for renewal. I had just paid for my renewal last month which shows as such when I go into my account. The version of wlo I am using now does not show my product ID#. When I log into wlo it's not showing a trial version, meaning it is not asking me to subscribe. I click on help and it shows a completely different id# then what is showing in my account. I had removed and reinstalled wlo, and when asked do you have an account I said yes, and entered my id# that I have in my account, hoping it would switch over, instead it had stated that it did not recognize the number or password entered, something like that.

I had posted earlier under "double billing" and left before seeing the reply that Steve had posted. I am going to try that out and see what happens. In the mean time, any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to get rid of this account before getting billed.

Monday, June 2, 2008 8:37 PM
  • Don, the reference to the greyed out field is in the activation dialog. If you have a subscribe link in OneCare, you would click it and a form would come up for you to sign in with the LiveID. In some cases, if you've entered a LiveID there before, and continued in trial mode, coming back to the form would have that ID in it and no way for you to change it. That apparently does not apply for you.

It sounds like you may have two subscriptions to OneCare and one of them is going to expire in August, but you've also created a new subscription.

Let's recap.

Open OneCare on each of your computers. click Help/About and note the Subscription ID and expiration date for each subscription. Are they the same on all computers?

-steve

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 12:31 AM