License for code posted in this forum RRS feed

• Question

• This is the question I would like to ask:

Concerning the code posted by various individuals (not necessarily Microsoft employees), I would like to know what code license (MS-Pl, whatever) that code is under.  The documentation under the "Terms of Use" is not clear on this point.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:40 PM

Answers

• I don't think there is a global answer. I think the question might belong in the thread where you saw the code snippet. There wouldn't be anyone forums-administration-wise that would have knowledge of the source or origin of code.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:15 AM

All replies

• I don't think there is a global answer. I think the question might belong in the thread where you saw the code snippet. There wouldn't be anyone forums-administration-wise that would have knowledge of the source or origin of code.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:15 AM
  • Ok, thanks!
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:08 PM
  • You're welcome.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Friday, August 10, 2012 12:35 AM