Cannot activate the Archiving Service - Failure [0xC3EC7968] Unable to access database file location RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to activate the Archiving service. I get the error "Failure [0xC3EC7968] Unable to access database file location" Please find below the information from deployment log file:

=================

Database File Path: \\sqlserver\LC Archiving Data

Database Transaction Log File Path: \\sqlserver\LC Archiving Log

Server Role Account: MYDOMAIN\RTCArchivingUniversalServices

Database Name: LcsLog

Force Clean: False

Script Command Line: cscript.exe //U "G:\setup\i386\dbsetup\rtclogdbsetup.wsf" /sqlserver:"sqlserver" /sqlfilepath:"G:\setup\i386\dbsetup" /dbpath:"\\sqlserver\LC Archiving Data" /logpath:"\\sqlserver\LC Archiving Log" /serveracct:"MYDOMAIN\RTCArchivingUniversalServices" /dbname:"LcsLog" /verbose

Script Output: Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Connecting to SQL Server on sqlserver

SQL validation: Reconfigure encountered no errors, and SQL version is acceptable: 9.00.3042.00

Unable to access data drive as represented by \\sqlserver\\\sqlserver\LC Archiving Data

Failure [0xC3EC7968] Unable to access database file location

==================

I have created the network shared folder on my Back-End SQL Server.

Why in the log it says "Unable to access data drive as represented by \\sqlserver\\\sqlserver\LC Archiving Data"?

Why it is representing the data drive as "\\sqlserver\\\sqlserver\LC Archiving Data"?

I am following the OCS_Archiving.doc document to deploy and activate archiving server. In step # 11 under "To Activate the Archiving and CDR Server", the Browse button are disabled. Why? I manually type the Database File Path: \\sqlserver\LC Archiving Data and Database Transaction Log File Path: \\sqlserver\LC Archiving Log.

Still it fails.

Thanks in advance,

Muhammad 

Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:45 PM

Answers

• Issue is fixed.

I Created two folders (LC Archiving Data, LC Archiving Log) on the local C: drive of Archiving server. Then, I manually typed the Database File Path: C:\LC Archiving Data and Database Transaction Log File Path: C:\LC Archiving Log.

That fixed the issue,

Thanks Guys,

Muhammad

Thursday, May 1, 2008 6:24 PM