Where is the Vail Reviewers Guide? RRS feed

• Question

• I checked Connect & they say is available for download but isn't actually available in the list when checking the items one wants to download.

It says:

This download provides the following content:

·Vail Server Setup DVD 

·Server Recovery Media

·Client Restore Media 

·Reviewers Guide

·Release Notes

> But only the Release notes are there!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Haole,

The Getting started guide can be found at the following link.  https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=28388

It is no longer contained within the "Vail" build download package and we will update the description of the "Vail" download package to reflect this.

Thanks 

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Jonas Svensson [MSFT] Windows Home Server Community Program Manager
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:25 PM
  • Thank you for the quick reply Jonas.

I have a copy of the Getting Started Guide but sadly it only tells one what WHS Vail can do, but not how (specifically) to do it, like the WHS v. 1 "Reviewers Guide" does/did.

So it appears that there will not be a Vail "Reviewers Guide" for testing this OS then?

How about some time down the road, like on the next release of Vail?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:26 PM
  • The Reviewer's Guide was, I believe, written because Windows Home Server was a new concept, and Microsoft felt that reviewers would need an introduction to the things the product could do if they were to have any chance of writing a balanced review. Vail doesn't need a reviewer's guide because Windows Home Server has been in the market for years now, and the basic concepts should already be familiar to anyone who might be "reviewing" it. It was never inteded to be an instruction manual for the product. For that, you have the help files.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:21 PM