WHS 2011 error 39 for network driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have an issue of that i installed WHS2011 and i am going through the setup WHS2011 and it says error no network driver so i go click on install network drivers(opens up device manager) i then go the the cd that i have put into the dvd driver and click ok for it to install it finds the driver and then gives me error 39 this is on the motherboard asus p8h77-i

Monday, July 1, 2013 9:32 PM

Answers

• i figured it out woot :D
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:01 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2013 9:47 PM
  • I ran into the same answer, and was miffed that snow_ninja67 never gave any hints as to how to solve the problem.  Since I just figured this out, and it was simple, I thought I should share.  The trick is, don't let Windows Home Server try to "deduce" which version of the driver it should install.  Since the driver CD has a bunch, but none specifically for Windows Home, it appears that Windows Home tried to "pick", and sadly, he chose poorly.

Instead, browse all the way down the folder tree until you are pointing at the one you want.  In my case, the Windows 7, 64bit driver worked like a charm.

Good Luck!

Don

• Marked as answer by snow_ninja67 Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:25 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:25 PM

All replies

• i figured it out woot :D
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:01 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2013 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

I’m glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. I would be very grateful if you could share your solution in the forum. This will help others face the same issue troubleshoot the issue quickly. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be very happy to help.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:41 AM
  • I ran into the same answer, and was miffed that snow_ninja67 never gave any hints as to how to solve the problem.  Since I just figured this out, and it was simple, I thought I should share.  The trick is, don't let Windows Home Server try to "deduce" which version of the driver it should install.  Since the driver CD has a bunch, but none specifically for Windows Home, it appears that Windows Home tried to "pick", and sadly, he chose poorly.

Instead, browse all the way down the folder tree until you are pointing at the one you want.  In my case, the Windows 7, 64bit driver worked like a charm.

Good Luck!

Don

• Marked as answer by snow_ninja67 Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:25 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Oh sorry that i didnt what i did i simply went and manually installed the driver (in my case i had to first of all browse to the driver folder in my case C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Broadcom_Lan(v16.2.4.1).zip\Broadcom_LAN(v16.2.4.1)\WinXP\x64 this wasnt the actual driver jsut an example then it may be the .sys to the .inf file i had to try several times for it to work)
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:20 PM