Suggestion: Tahiti over HTTP + configurable resolution RRS feed

• General discussion

• Well, I have been a big fan of "logmein" for quite sometime now. And I also use glance at office quite often.

Many times (while in Sweden), I have felt as if I saved the world, when I remotely got into my machine at home (in Sri Lanka) using logmein, and showed my wife how to download something  .... LOL.

So It would be quite interesting to see Tahiti also made possible to be accessed over HTTP, using a simple browser window (probably with ActiveX for now ..... and maybe why not .... even Silverlight  someday), without having to make the other end install Tahiti, which some people may not feel comfortable about.

And most definitely (as Marco also pointed out..) the invitee should to be able to set the required resolution, cos when I tried sharing 1024 x 1280 Visual Studio  screen, the other person who was on 1024 x 768 had to use a magnifying glass.

Anyway keep up the great work. I'm excited that the Microsoft family also has a screen/desktop sharing utility now.

Friday, April 20, 2007 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Manoj,

Thanks very much for visiting our forum.  As Frank and Cameron have discussed in the thread here http://forums.microsoft.com/codenametahiti/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1495010&SiteID=53, remote assistance is one use of the service that we are investigating, among others.  Your suggestions on resolution and installation (or non-installation Smile ) are noted, and will also be considered for our future planning. 

Thanks for you feedback.  We hope to see you here again.

Ginger

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:37 PM