Configuring Repeater Router to work with Remote Access RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using a router configured as a Repeater behind my main router, and would like to know how to set up remote access to my HP Mediasmart Server.  The IP of my main router is 10.0.0.1 and the IP of my repeater router is 10.0.2.1.  I do not really want these to be on the same network as the main router and the computers attached to it need to be accessible only to themselves, and the network behind the repeater router need to be accessible only to themselves.  I would like to figure out how to tunnel through my main router and get access from the internet to the computers and my HP Mediasmart server.  

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:57 AM

All replies

• You have to configure most of this manually, I'm afraid. On your main router, forward ports 80, 443, and 4125 to your repeater. On your repeater, forward them to your server. Then go through the remote access setup wizard, saying that you'll manually configure your router at the appropriate point.

You should also look around; there's a hotfix that you need to install on your server to keep Remote Access working without error messages after the end of the year.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Friday, December 6, 2013 4:07 AM