The current user does not have required permissions (read/write) for the following Active Directory group: CN=ReportingGroup... RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use deployment manager to create a new CRM instance.

I get the error: The current user does not have required permissions (read/write) for the following Active Directory group: CN=ReportingGroup {xxx-guid-xxx},OU=xx,DC=xx,DC=com

I am running deployment manager with the DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR.

This did work the last time I did this (a month or two ago) and nothing has changed in the environment.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

Nick
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is your domain administrator also CRM Deployment Manager Administrator? then make sure that Active Directory Domain and Services DNS Server services are running okay, you can check from the Server Manager in AD and DSN Server.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:23 AM
  • Yes, domain admin part of CRM deployment manager, I would not be able to even log into Deployment manager if it wasn't. :)

AD/DNS all OK.

Nick
    • Edited by ReadyXRM Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:46 PM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Quick update to those in the future that may stumble upon this post with that are having the same issue.

I ended up fixing this issue by doing the following:

-taking another windows account and adding them to the domain admins groups

-add that user as a CRM deployment administrator

-run the process again with the new user account, this time it worked!

So there is likely something funky going on with the original domain adminstrator.

Not some much an answer but at least a resolution!

Cheers

Nick

Nick
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:31 PM