Dynamics CRM Outlook Client 401 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm having a difficult time getting the Outlook Client for CRM 4.0 to configure correctly. Just to give everybody a quick overview, the CRM software is running on Windows 2008 Server 64-bit RTM, and is behind ISA 2006. I have correctly configured the web proxy, because I have no problems using the Web-based client.

Now for the problem. When I try to configure the client with HTTP Authentication set via ISA, I get a HTTP 401 Unauthorized error, and when I try to use HTML Form Authentication via ISA, I get an "The request failed with an empty response" error.

This issue has got me staying up for days and nights, and would like to get this resolved quickly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Brennan

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Everyone,

I finally found a solution to this one on my own. Here are the steps:

1. Enable just Basic HTTP Authentication on the Web Listener in ISA
    2. In the Authentication tab of the Firewall Policy for the CRM, select "No authentication, but client may authenticate directly".
    3. In the To tab of the Firewall Policy for the CRM, make sure "Foreward original host header" and "Requests appear to come from the original client" is selected.
    4. In the Users tab of the Firewall Policy for the CRM, make sure it is "All Users" Instead of "All Authenticated Users" (CRUCUAL STEP)
    5. Apply the settings in ISA.
    6. Now go to "Internet Settings" on the client computer, and navigate to the security tab.
    7. Click custom level on the trusted site, and scroll to the very bottom and select “Automatic logon with current user name and password”.
    8. Add the CRM url to the trusted sites without the prefix (aka. not http://crm.company.com and just crm.company.com).
    9. Navigate to http://crm.company.com and type in your login credentials. AND CLICK REMEBER PASSWORD.
    10. Run the configuration wizard, and it should work Smile

Hope this helps, I was struggling with this for days and nights.

E-mail me @ bkootnekoff@gmail.com if you guys run into any more issues.

Brennan
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:32 PM

All replies

•  

Dear Kooty

try logging in the OS using the CRm admninistrator account .(The account by whom after logging on you had installed the CRM ).

primarily try it on WEB interface.once you enter the CRM website then you will be able to add other users (available in AD) you want to give access.

try and and let me know

Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:05 AM
  • I have the same issue but I can not log on to the laptops witht he admin account as the laptops are not on the domain.

Will

Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Thanks for the timely reply.

It seems that the issue is not access rights, because the user I am trying to connect with is allowed access to the server (I can log on via the Web Interface). I have a feeling this issue has something to do with the ISA server handling the authentication in behalf of the CRM server.

The exact error is:
    "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized ( The server requires authentication to fufill the request. Access to the Web server is denied. Contact the server administrator. )."

and then after I press ok.

"Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again."

This seems weird, because obviously the client cannot authenticate because I never supplied credentials.

Again, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brennan

Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Hi Brennan,

have you ever find any answer for this? I'm running to the same issue.

thanks.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:00 AM
  • Hi Everyone,

I finally found a solution to this one on my own. Here are the steps:

1. Enable just Basic HTTP Authentication on the Web Listener in ISA
    2. In the Authentication tab of the Firewall Policy for the CRM, select "No authentication, but client may authenticate directly".
    3. In the To tab of the Firewall Policy for the CRM, make sure "Foreward original host header" and "Requests appear to come from the original client" is selected.
    4. In the Users tab of the Firewall Policy for the CRM, make sure it is "All Users" Instead of "All Authenticated Users" (CRUCUAL STEP)
    5. Apply the settings in ISA.
    6. Now go to "Internet Settings" on the client computer, and navigate to the security tab.
    7. Click custom level on the trusted site, and scroll to the very bottom and select “Automatic logon with current user name and password”.
    8. Add the CRM url to the trusted sites without the prefix (aka. not http://crm.company.com and just crm.company.com).
    9. Navigate to http://crm.company.com and type in your login credentials. AND CLICK REMEBER PASSWORD.
    10. Run the configuration wizard, and it should work Smile

Hope this helps, I was struggling with this for days and nights.

E-mail me @ bkootnekoff@gmail.com if you guys run into any more issues.

Brennan
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:32 PM
  • Also, run the following on the SQL server.\

USE MSCRM_CONFIG
    Update DeploymentProperties SET NVarCharColumn = 'my.crmserver.inet:80' WHERE ColumnName = 'AsyncSdkRootDomain'
    Update DeploymentProperties SET NvarCharColumn = 'my.crmserver.inet:80' WHERE ColumnName = 'ADSdkRootDomain'
    Update DeploymentProperties SET NvarCharColumn = 'my.crmserver.inet:80' WHERE ColumnName = 'ADWebApplicationRootDomain'

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:22 AM
  • Hey Kooty.  I have the exact same setup and had the exact same problem.  Turns out there is an Internet Facing Configuration tool that you can use post server installation to do most of what you described above.

I used this and got it to work with Outlook.  I used the "Service Provider" option and pointed it to my public FQDN and it worked great.

Here is the link for more information which details how to get Outlook up and running with CRM 4.0

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947423/en-us

Regards,

Tom Hundley
    Elegant Software Solutions, LLC

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 11:59 PM
  • Hi,

if I type the CRM Server URL without the organization, I will get a 401
    Unauthorized error.
    If I type the CRM Server URL within the organization, I will get the
    following error:

"The file '/sitename/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx' does
    not exist."

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,

Christian

Sunday, June 1, 2008 6:48 AM
  • Hi Christian

i am suffering from exactly the same problem as you 
    did you find a solution in the end?

any help appreciated

thanks
    Prem

Saturday, July 26, 2008 9:19 PM
  • Hey everyone - given that this problem has taken up almost 20 hours of my time (and it looks like collectively for all of us hundreds of hours) to try and figure out,  i thought i would post my solution!

i hope this helps some of you...

when i got the error, i started to look at how CRM was actually getting to the 'virtual' site of my organization name (TSG).

it seems like the default installation did not create the site correctly, with the virtual path incorrect.  

so, in IIS - i stopped the CRM server, (named Microsoft Dynamics CRM).

then i created a new site, called TSG (use your crm org name in your own case - mine is TSG).

then configure the site to be just like the old site, but make sure you select asp 2.0 in the asp tab and then it seems to properly create a site with the correct virtual site name.

on the ISAPI filter site, you can find the file it needs in the server/bin/ folder of the crm dynamics program file. but if found it worked ok without reinstating this

then apply all and make sure home directory points to the crmweb folder, and also ensure that you choose the crmapp pool 
    apply all changes/restart IIS.

then when you run the outlook config tool and it looks for your site:5555/TSG (in my case) it finds the right asmx files etc in the correct 'site' !

hope this helps! 

happy ms crm again Smile

Prem

Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:15 AM
  • Hi Prem,

Thanks for posting the solution.  Do you have IFD of your CRM?  I am still getting the

HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied

Not sure if it still has to do with access rights?

Ram.

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Hi Ram

Did you get any solution on that.

I have recent configured my CRM for SSL access. After that i am not able to configure any of my Outlook client. It was giving me the same error. Yet i have not configured my IFD on server as looking for some workaround. My web client is working properly.

Vaibhav
    vaibhav
    Monday, June 1, 2009 4:39 PM
  • My solution was much more basic.  I would recommend checking that before going into IIS and changing security levels, etc.

We have multiple organizations on our web server, so when the Outlook for CRM configuration tool prompted me for URL of CRM, I specified the organization-specific address:
    http://myWebServer/myOrganizationName/loader.aspx.  This caused the "mandatory updates for dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully" message.

When I tried again using just the server reference, http://myWebServer, the system proceeded, then prompted me with a picklist of available organizations.  I selected the organizations, and I was ready to go!
    Friday, November 6, 2009 8:21 PM
  • Thank you

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    eximtour
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Agreed, just put in the server name pand port http://crmserver:port then click next, I then was presented with a choice of my two organizations.  I chose the one I needed, and it completed successfully.  Here's the log.

22:12:55|   Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/20/2010 10:12:55 PM ===
    22:12:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:12:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:12:55|   Info| /ReducedUI option specified on command line
    22:12:55|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:12:55|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:12:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run
    22:12:56|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:12:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:12:56|Verbose| Installing version component: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\bin\crmverclient.dll
    22:12:56|Verbose| Installing version: 4.0.7333.2747
    22:12:56|Verbose| Installing lcid: 1033
    22:12:56|Verbose| Existing version: 4.0.7333.3
    22:12:56|Verbose| Existing lcid: 1033
    22:12:57|  Error| System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Tahoma' does not support style 'Regular'.
       at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
       at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
       at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
       at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32 typeIndex)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
       at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean isString)
       at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.Crm.CrmResourceManager.GetObject(String name)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.Wizard.InitializeComponent()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.Wizard..ctor(IWizardPageModel model)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.SetupWizard..ctor(IWizardPageModel model)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.UI.ConfigWizard..ctor()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.UI.ClientConfigWizard..ctor(IDictionary data)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Main(String[] e), Error, OK, Option1
    22:15:02|   Info| InputResult: OK
    22:15:02|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    22:15:02|   Info| Exit code: Default
    22:15:02|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    22:15:02|   Info| === Managed setup logging stopped: 7/20/2010 10:15:02 PM ===
    22:15:14|   Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/20/2010 10:15:14 PM ===
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:15:14|   Info| /ReducedUI option specified on command line
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:15:14|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:15:14|Verbose| Installing version component: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\bin\crmverclient.dll
    22:15:14|Verbose| Installing version: 4.0.7333.2747
    22:15:14|Verbose| Installing lcid: 1033
    22:15:14|Verbose| Existing version: 4.0.7333.3
    22:15:14|Verbose| Existing lcid: 1033
    22:15:15|  Error| System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Tahoma' does not support style 'Regular'.
       at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
       at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
       at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
       at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean isString)
       at System.Resources.RuntimeResourceSet.GetObject(String key, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Main(String[] e), Error, OK, Option1
    22:19:19|   Info| InputResult: OK
    22:19:19|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    22:19:19|   Info| Exit code: Default
    22:19:19|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    22:19:19|   Info| === Managed setup logging stopped: 7/20/2010 10:19:19 PM ===
    22:27:47|   Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/20/2010 10:27:47 PM ===
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:27:47|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:27:47|Verbose| Installing version component: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\bin\crmverclient.dll
    22:27:47|Verbose| Installing version: 4.0.7333.2747
    22:27:47|Verbose| Installing lcid: 1033
    22:27:47|Verbose| Existing version: 4.0.7333.3
    22:27:47|Verbose| Existing lcid: 1033
    22:27:48|  Error| System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Tahoma' does not support style 'Regular'.
    22:27:50|   Info| InputResult: OK
    22:27:50|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    22:27:50|   Info| Exit code: Default
    22:27:50|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    22:27:50|   Info| === Managed setup logging stopped: 7/20/2010 10:27:50 PM ===
    22:51:39|   Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/20/2010 10:51:39 PM ===
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:51:39|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    22:51:39|Verbose| Installing version component: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\bin\crmverclient.dll
    22:51:39|Verbose| Installing version: 4.0.7333.2747
    22:51:39|Verbose| Installing lcid: 1033
    22:51:39|Verbose| Existing version: 4.0.7333.3
    22:51:39|Verbose| Existing lcid: 1033
    22:51:40|  Error| System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Tahoma' does not support style 'Regular'.
    23:08:39|   Info| InputResult: OK
    23:08:39|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    23:08:39|   Info| Exit code: Default
    23:08:39|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    23:08:39|   Info| === Managed setup logging stopped: 7/20/2010 11:08:39 PM ===
    23:08:55|   Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/20/2010 11:08:55 PM ===
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    23:08:55|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    23:08:55|Verbose| Installing version component: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\bin\crmverclient.dll
    23:08:55|Verbose| Installing version: 4.0.7333.2747
    23:08:55|Verbose| Installing lcid: 1033
    23:08:55|Verbose| Existing version: 4.0.7333.3
    23:08:55|Verbose| Existing lcid: 1033
    23:09:32|Warning| The specified Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is not available. Make sure that the URL is correct. To test the URL, try opening it in Internet Explorer., Warning, OK, Option1
    23:09:37|   Info| InputResult: OK
    23:10:11|  Error| Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again.
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.UI.ServerUrlPage.CheckForUpdates(ClientConfigInfo configInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.UI.ServerUrlPage.InitializeServerInfo(Uri discoveryUrl, Uri extranetDiscoveryUrl)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Common.UI.ServerUrlPage.ServerUrlPage_NextClicked(Object sender, NavigationEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.WizardPage.RaiseNextClicked(Object sender, NavigationEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.Wizard.NextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam), Error, OK, Option1
    23:10:15|   Info| InputResult: OK
    23:10:22|  Error| Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again.
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.UI.ServerUrlPage.CheckForUpdates(ClientConfigInfo configInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.UI.ServerUrlPage.InitializeServerInfo(Uri discoveryUrl, Uri extranetDiscoveryUrl)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Config.Common.UI.ServerUrlPage.ServerUrlPage_NextClicked(Object sender, NavigationEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.WizardPage.RaiseNextClicked(Object sender, NavigationEventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.UI.Wizard.NextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam), Error, OK, Option1
    23:10:25|   Info| InputResult: OK
    23:10:34|  Error| Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again.
    23:10:40|   Info| InputResult: OK
    23:10:42|   Info| Are you sure you want to cancel Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook configuration?, Question, YesNo, Option2
    23:10:46|   Info| InputResult: Yes
    23:10:46|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    23:10:46|   Info| Exit code: Cancel
    23:10:46|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Terminate
    23:10:46|   Info| === Managed setup logging stopped: 7/20/2010 11:10:46 PM ===
    23:11:19|   Info| === Managed setup logging started: 7/20/2010 11:11:19 PM ===
    23:11:19|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    23:11:20|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    23:11:20|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Initialize
    23:11:20|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Initialize
    23:11:20|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Run
    23:11:20|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    23:11:20|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupBase.Run
    23:11:20|Verbose| Installing version component: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\bin\crmverclient.dll
    23:11:20|Verbose| Installing version: 4.0.7333.2747
    23:11:20|Verbose| Installing lcid: 1033
    23:11:20|Verbose| Existing version: 4.0.7333.3
    23:11:20|Verbose| Existing lcid: 1033
    23:11:33|  Error| Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.SetupException: Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again.
    23:14:55|   Info| InputResult: OK
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolResults.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GroupCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GroupCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GroupCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GroupCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolResults.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.SNG.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GathererCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GathererCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.SNG.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolCallbacks.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolCallbacks.Clear
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolCallbacks.Clear
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolCallbacks.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.Constructor
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.PropagateContext
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.PropagateContext
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunAll(False)
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolResults.Clear
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWToolResults.Clear
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.Run(False, (null))
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.PropagateContext
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.PropagateContext
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GathererCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.GathererCollection.Constructor()
    23:15:18|Verbose| Built gatherer and sniffer collections.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Cleanup completed.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Calling sniffer collect.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.SNGBuilder.ProcessSubstitutions
    23:15:18|Verbose| After context key substitutions RunModes
    23:15:18|Verbose| After env var substitutions RunModes
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.SNGBuilder.ProcessSubstitutions
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.SNGBuilder.ProcessSubstitutions
    23:15:18|Verbose| After context key substitutions Setup
    23:15:18|Verbose| After env var substitutions Setup
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.SNGBuilder.ProcessSubstitutions
    23:15:18|Verbose| Calling sniffer collect.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Collection ran.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Collection completed.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Gatherers ran.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Gathering completed.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Calling sniffer process.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Calling sniffer process.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Processing ran.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Processing completed.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate Microsoft Windows® Operating System
    23:15:18|Verbose| Calling BaseGroup.Validate
    23:15:18|Verbose| BaseGroup.Validate completed
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration User Input
    23:15:18|Verbose| Calling BaseGroup.Validate
    23:15:18|   Info| Check ServerUrlValidator: Success
    23:15:18|   Info| Check ServerValidator: Success
    23:15:18|Verbose| BaseGroup.Validate completed
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunSnifferValidate
    23:15:18|Verbose| Validation ran.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Validation completed.
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.Run
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EDW.Framework.EDWTool.RunAll
    23:15:18|   Info| ClientConfigInfo.ClientRegistrySettings: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientRegistrySettings
    23:15:18|   Info| ClientConfigInfo.ConfigurationControlSettings: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ConfigurationControlSettings
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.BackupDBSuccess: False
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.BackupRegkeyProperty:
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ClientAuthAllowUI: False
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ClientAuthManagerProperty: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthManager
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ClientAuthMethod: ActiveDirectory
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ClientAuthProviderProperty: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.ClientAuth.ActiveDirectoryClientAuthProvider
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ClientRegistrySettings: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientRegistrySettings
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ConfigType: New
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ConfigurationControlSettings: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ConfigurationControlSettings
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ConfigurationLevel: OutlookClient
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.DiscoveryUrl: http://crm01:5555/MSCRMServices
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.EndUserLoginProperty: N0XPD\wrightd
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ExtranetDiscoveryUrl: http://crm01:5555/MSCRMServices
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.LaptopClientInstalled: False
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.LightClient: True
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.OrganizationDetail: Microsoft.Crm.CompactProxy.Discovery.OrganizationDetail
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.OrganizationExtendedDetail: Microsoft.Crm.CompactProxy.Discovery.OrganizationExtendedDetail
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.OrgFriendlyName: n0xpd
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.OrgId: {C12DBB2F-AC90-DF11-A635-00155D001000}
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.OrgName: n0xpd
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.PreviousConfigurationLevel: None
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.ReuseExistingDatabase: True
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.Stealthy: False
    23:15:18|   Info| ConfigInfo.UserId: {1E19BCA6-AC90-DF11-A635-00155D001000}
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.AdminTargetFolder:
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.AllowRun: True
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.CleanupRequired: False
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.ConfigFile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard\..\..\default_client_config.xml
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.CreateDatabase: True
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.CurrentFolder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.InstallAlways: False
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.InstallType: Install
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.LocalPackage: C:\Windows\Installer\1622d57.msi
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.LogFile: C:\Users\wrightd\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\crm40ClientConfig.log
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.RebootRequired: False
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.SharedInstall: False
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.SourceFolder: C:\Users\wrightd\AppData\Local\Temp\MSCRM_{4D78B7A3-F8DD-42CB-B3D5-1465CE463FF7}\
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.SuppressReboot: True
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.TargetFolder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.UIMode: Full
    23:15:18|   Info| InstallInfo.UserCancel: False
    23:15:18|   Info| ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage: 1033
    23:15:18|   Info| ProductInfo.ExistingProductCode: 539d63c6-4ef4-4b9e-9926-85053f119171
    23:15:18|   Info| ProductInfo.ExistingVersion: 4.0.7333.3
    23:15:18|   Info| ProductInfo.InstallingLanguage: 1033
    23:15:18|   Info| ProductInfo.InstallingVersion: 4.0.7333.2747
    23:15:18|   Info| ProductInfo.InstallState: Local
    23:15:18|   Info| SystemInfo.MachineName: DUSTINDEAKTOP
    23:15:18|   Info| SystemInfo.OSVersion: 6.1.7600.0
    23:15:18|   Info| SystemInfo.ServicePackVersion: 0.0
    23:15:18|   Info| UserInfo.AccountName: wrightd
    23:15:18|   Info| UserInfo.DomainName: N0XPD
    23:15:18|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Install| System.Collections.Hashtable
    23:15:19|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.CleanV3RegistryAction
    23:15:19|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.DeleteUserApplicationFilesAction
    23:15:19|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.SetDummyRegistryValues
    23:15:19|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.SetConfigurationRegistryValuesAction
    23:15:19|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ActivateAddin
    23:15:19|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction
    23:15:19|   Info| Starting CrmForOutlookInstaller process. Log file is located at: C:\Users\wrightd\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\crm40foroutlookinstaller- 7-20-2010.log
    23:15:20|   Info| Outlook Installer process Complete
    23:15:20|   Info| Outlook installer succeeded
    23:15:20|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallAbpAction
    23:15:20|   Info| Starting CrmForOutlookInstaller process. Log file is located at: C:\Users\wrightd\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs\crm40foroutlookinstaller- 7-20-2010.log
    23:15:21|   Info| Outlook Installer process Complete
    23:15:21|   Info| Outlook installer succeeded
    23:15:21|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CreateSqmRegistryAction
    23:15:21|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CreateSqmQueueLocationAction
    23:15:21|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.Install| System.Collections.Hashtable
    23:15:21|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.SetConfigurationControlRegistryValues
    23:15:21|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.ClientConfig.SetConfigurationControlRegistryValues
    23:15:21|Verbose| Configuration Complete
    23:15:21|   Info| We have successfully configured Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. You are now ready to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with n0xpd.

7202 Giles Rd., Ste. 4, #172
    La Vista, NE  68128
    (402) 452-7118 Direct
    (484) 233-7690 Fax
    dustin.wright@wrightitsolutions.com
    http://www.wrightitsolutions.com

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:17 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue in my dynamic crm plugin installation :

When I run the configuration tool, I have 3 choices ; I've chosen the first :  "My company" . Then I enter the URL of my server and this error message appears on the screen :

"Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again"

More details on my configurations

.Small buisness Server
    .DynamicsCRM v 4.0
    .Echange 2007
    .Outlook 2010
    .I've accepted the certification authority in Internet Eplorer
    .I don't use ISA server

I precise that I have already read this post : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953890 and I've tried the second solution that corresponding to my configuration but it doesn't work.

Someone has a clue or an idee to solve my problem ?

Friday, October 1, 2010 2:42 PM