Presence not appearing in Outlook / sharepoint.. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure where to start with this one... We have OCS EE setup and presence works within Communicator but not other office apps or sharepoint...

In OCS console on our front end the user properties shows Enable Enhanced Presence checked and greyed out.

If I try to configure users, check the enhanced presence box, and go through the wizard, the box is still unticked the next time I run the configure users wizard.

Con somebody point me in the direction or some resources that discuss presence configuration, or tell me some things to check?

Thanks.

Friday, May 25, 2007 4:41 AM

Answers

• I've managed to fix this issue for my user account in Outlook at least...

Disabled my user account from OCS, logged off my computer, and deleted my user profile.

Re-enabled my account in OCS, and now presence is working in Outlook Smile

Still getting gray presence unknown dot however in sharepoint along with all our other users..

Also this hasn't resolved my outlook integration error either Sad

Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:27 PM
  • To avoid this issue altogether I always work with customers to use their e-mail address as the SIP address also.  You will not experience these issues in this configuration.  I haven't had time or reason yet to go through the OCS and MOC 2007 settings to see how this can be addressed, so unfortunately I don't have more information for you at the moment.

Z

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:03 PM

All replies

• Check the release notes (http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/c/c/9cc1f6e3-9e8c-4394-a5e9-f18b8f45d40f/communicator_2007_relnotes.htm#_Office_Integration):

Office Communicator Presence does not display in Office Outlook or Sharepoint

ISSUE: Office Communicator presence is not displayed in Office Outlook or Office SharePoint.

RESOLUTION: Set the following registry keys to make Communicator the default application for Presence within Office applications.

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication=3

REG_DWORD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\PersonaMenu\RTCApplication=3

Z

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:32 PM
  • Thanks for that Z,

I was convinced there'd be something there to help, but the registry key above was already set to 3, and the other registry keys / folders didn't exist..

Will try creating them anyways

I've now found that the outlook presence problem appears to only be applying to my user account (which may be related to this http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1599998&SiteID=57) and one other users'..

However, presence is not showing for any of our users within Sharepoint 2003. This was working when we used LCS 2005, but we have removed 2005 when we installed OCS 2007. Maybe Sharepoint is still expecting to find 2005...

Any other suggestions?

Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:12 PM
  • I've managed to fix this issue for my user account in Outlook at least...

Disabled my user account from OCS, logged off my computer, and deleted my user profile.

Re-enabled my account in OCS, and now presence is working in Outlook Smile

Still getting gray presence unknown dot however in sharepoint along with all our other users..

Also this hasn't resolved my outlook integration error either Sad

Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:27 PM
  • To avoid this issue altogether I always work with customers to use their e-mail address as the SIP address also.  You will not experience these issues in this configuration.  I haven't had time or reason yet to go through the OCS and MOC 2007 settings to see how this can be addressed, so unfortunately I don't have more information for you at the moment.

Z

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:03 PM
  • I'm noticing this as well, if I change my SIP address to my primary email address, it displays presense information properly. I am now working on changing the SIP information in the Sharepoint user profile to see if that makes a difference.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:45 PM
  • I'm having this issue in Outlook, but my users SIP and E-mail address match.  It seems like it might be something to do with our "GETS" configuration (we have a GETS server tied in with LCS) because the only users with broken Outlook presence seem to be the users using the GETS server.
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:04 PM
  •  

Hi

The link you provieded is not working, can you please send the link again for same post or please write the answer.

reply would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rockburry

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:43 AM
  • They've changed the URL of this forum a number of times.  Just replace the /ocs2007publicbeta/ part of the URL with /unifiedcommunications/.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 9:26 PM