USB Drives? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone tried syncing via Mesh with removable USB drives? I'm interested to see what would happen if a removable drive is removed from one computer, but the corresponding sync folder on another computer is a standard drive... would the files be deleted from the second computer? And then consequently deleted from the removable storage on the first after its plugged in? I'd try myself, but I figured I'd ask first, as this is a Tech Preview and the data in question is a 100GB MP3 library :)

Basically, I'd like to use Mesh as a remote backup solution - I've been using Mozy for a while, but I've found that their customer support is non-existent and I've heard bad stories about their restoration processes. I'd like to be able to keep a copy of my MP3s on a remote computer, but they happen to be stored on a USB drive...
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Steve is correct: Live Mesh does not currently support syncing with removable media.  We have had a few people request this feature, though; please feel free to add your vote to the Wish List.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:55 PM

All replies

• To the best of my recollection, I believe you cannot add a folder on a removable drive to your Mesh. I can't find the post where that was noted, but I'm sure someone from the Mesh team will confirm here soon.
    -steve 
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

Steve is correct: Live Mesh does not currently support syncing with removable media.  We have had a few people request this feature, though; please feel free to add your vote to the Wish List.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:55 PM