none
Money back up in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Having upgraded to windows 10 all worked well until about 1 week ago. Now my documents folder on my PC is routed to one drive. I did back up my money plus into my pc documents folder this now creates issue as money plus is constantly syncing with the back up area on my one drive which slows any thing I am doing online e.g internet explore down to the point where it crashes on a page. I have tried to change the back up location for money plus through the settings in money plus to a folder on my c:/user/area and just get the message invalid file path. Very frustrating any solutions out there?
    Friday, November 20, 2015 11:04 PM

All replies

• Store your Money data file itself in %userprofile%\documents. If you want, back it up to %userprofile%\onedrive. Money changes the file constantly. If the data file isn't local, bad things always occur. I use a script on my laptop to make a local copy, create a bespoke lockfile, execute Money, and then put the file back on my desktop machine when I exit Money. I use the same script on the desktop just to respect the lockfile. All this to avoid problems using Money over the net.
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:25 AM
  • Oh, and as to your problem with the backup location being invalid file path, all I can say is to make sure it's a valid file path.
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:27 AM