CRM 4.0: Activities Due: Today filter question RRS feed

• Question

• Does everyone else's activities show past due activities when the filter is set to Due: Today?  I thought that setting the filter to Due:Today would only show activities with a due date of today only..not past due dates also????

Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:31 PM

Answers

• yeah only today. you can define filters like past due.

Regards,

Imran

Sunday, April 27, 2008 4:13 PM

All replies

• yeah only today. you can define filters like past due.

Regards,

Imran

Sunday, April 27, 2008 4:13 PM
  • It appears that our "Today" filter for activities is not only showing activities that are due today, but also showing ones that are past due.  I've never really looked at it, but my users were telling me that one day it only showed "Today" then the next it was showing both "Today and Overdue".  I'm not sure how this could change because it's not an editable feature as far as I know.

Monday, May 19, 2008 1:13 PM
  • Has anybody found the solution to this?  Is this a known design issue?  The only filter that seems to work properly on the activities view is the "Tomorrow" option.  All other options include past due activities.  What I also found that when replicating this functionalityusing Advanced Find, the above is not the case, the filters function properly. ie.  If I choose to filter "Today" activities, it only shows today's activities.

I also noticed when adding columns from a related entity, the view does not display the data even though there is data in the columns selected.  Is there fix for this?
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:48 PM
  •  how do you create a "Past" filter?

I want to create a filter in the "Cases" section where the "Follow Up By" date and time (which has been customised to take times as well as dates) are in the past.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 3:27 PM
  • My users are having the same problem. I have noticed that in the downloadable virtual machine of Dynamics 4.0, this filter works fine so it can work sometimes. Has anyone figured this out yet and how would you create custom filters in activites and make them appear in the drop down lists?

Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:01 AM
  • It's hard code :)
    It works so:

Overdue:

·         End time < current date and current time – 3 hour, OR

·         End time is NULL

Today:

·         End time < current date and current time – 3 hour, OR

·         End time >= 21:00 past day AND < 21:00 current day, OR

Tomorrow:

·         End time >= 21:00 current day AND < 21:00 tomorrow, OR

Next 7 day

·         End time < current day and и current time – 3 hour, OR

·         End time >= current day and и current time – 3 hour AND < 21:00 hours after 7 day, OR

• Proposed as answer by sl_k83 Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:07 PM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:06 PM
  • hi , I have one question. where can I see or write these codes? I can't find any decision to write anyware these codes. I have some problems with filtres and I want to check the codes.

thank u
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:00 AM
  • in SQL Server Profiler
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:08 AM
  • Can i change the way this filter acts?  
    I mean, can i write some custom code logic for it?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:13 AM
  • seems no
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:36 AM
  • I'll describe my problem, when I try to filter activities for today, tomorrow, next 7 days, next 30 days, next 90 days, next 6 months, next 12 months, CRM shows me already completed and old activites. (Start and due dates are given correctly)
    so what can i do to improve this situation? I can't find any way to do it.
    could u help me?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:54 AM
  • Are you change status activites to "complete"?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:00 AM
  • what do u mean? These activities are already completed with past due dates.

• Proposed as answer by cdoveli Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:54 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:10 AM
  • couldn't u help me?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:55 AM
  • If anyone looks at this and wonders what all the 3 hours and 21:00 stuff is about, it's probably due to this having been documented by someone who was in a GMT+3 time zone. Search by date/time in Dynamics CRM is more efficient when done in UTC, as that's how they are stored internally.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:19 AM