Trojan.Obfuscated Attack RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am suffering the aftermath of a Trojan attack. Symantec has been trying to help me but the file I need to download from them is met by the following error message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in hte set association control panel." This same message comes up everytime I try to open any of my applications. I'm running Windows Vista Home Edition.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, August 7, 2009 3:41 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, August 7, 2009 3:42 AM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Friday, August 7, 2009 2:01 AM

All replies

• ok you should try this. download this free tool www.malwarebytes.com  or if that dosent work try www.superantispyware.com copy and paste the following and download 1 of those make sure you quarantine any infections do not remove them incase there are  system files that are infected. try booting into safe mode and try scanning then.

also if your useing mse you should send them a virus sample.     https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/submit.aspx

Friday, August 7, 2009 2:25 AM