Safe downloads being blocked RRS feed

• Question

• Attachments and downloads that I know are safe are being blocked because they are being identified as containing a virus.  Can you tell me how to stop this from happening?  I right clicked on file, but continue to get message:  Scarb_Age_Gender.xls contained a virus and was deleted. 

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:29 PM Not a "TechNet Wiki Discussion" question
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Drallab57

You need to make adjustments tot the installed malware application.  What are you using?

TO be absolutely certain this file does not contain malware I suggest you run an online scan before downloading or making adjustments to your malware settings. 

Just because you are getting the file from a trusted source doesn't mean they cant be infected.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 4:39 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Virus and Malware forum or the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog:http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book:Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:10 PM
  • I'm moving this to the "Where is the Forum for...?" forum.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:29 PM