Any new 2.0 Updates coming? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was woundering if anyone knows if there will be an need updates coming for 2.0?
    Thursday, August 2, 2007 11:27 PM

Answers

•  

As fixes are tested internally and there ready for a upcoming refresh release you'll may or may not see WLOC 2.0 auto update There was a release last week but there entirely up to the team to add the updates they have to test and retest. Making sure the fixes work. before release.

New Bugs recently submitted won't show up right away in some cases.

Friday, August 3, 2007 3:41 PM

All replies

•  

As fixes are tested internally and there ready for a upcoming refresh release you'll may or may not see WLOC 2.0 auto update There was a release last week but there entirely up to the team to add the updates they have to test and retest. Making sure the fixes work. before release.

New Bugs recently submitted won't show up right away in some cases.

Friday, August 3, 2007 3:41 PM
  • Hi Mikro,

How do you know the things you wrote ?

Do you have a personal informant inside the WLOC-team ?

Friday, August 3, 2007 3:51 PM
  •  

Pervious Beta experience

I've tried WLOC 1.0 1.5 and now 2.0 I have a pretty good Idea of the time line by now of the Beta test peroid. I've also test Vista MS office 2007 Windows Live sites and services that come online

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:00 PM
  • You should have said that in the first place.

You made us feel as you were better informed than most people (moderators and alike) in here !

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:08 PM
  • I just reply faster than the Moderators

I also only reply If I know the answers and gone through pervious beta your question was an easy one to Answer.

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:10 PM
  • Thank you for that.

But please make sure that your answers come true.

I have been beta-testing quite some MS-software myself and I can assure you that they are NOT AS PREDICTABLE as you want us to believe.

Please keep away from GUESSING, and post only things that YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE ABOUT.

Otherwise please state "My personal Guess is" in front of what you are writing.

Capito ?

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:17 PM
  • Who's guessing there's always going to be Refresh releases fixing reported issues and tweaking the software thru the Beta peroid and Beyond release as new issues and bugs/threats develope Wloc will fix it it's a given so who's guessing. Not me I've just been around a long time 1999/2000 I have a pretty good grasp on how how beta programs are conducted.  

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:32 PM
  • I'm guilty of not prefacing a post with "in my experience" or "in my opinion" in many cases. However, Mikro is correct that there will be refreshes of the code as we proceed through the beta. I have no idea how often and no idea when, but there have been updates and there will be updates.

Mikro is also correct about bug fixes. Depending on the complexity of a reported bug, it may still exist in a refresh long after it was initially reported.

-steve

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:38 PM
  • @ Mikro

I can do better than that : 1986

And I am guessing a lot less than you do, if I write something then I know for sure what I am writing.

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:40 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

I'm guilty of not prefacing a post with "in my experience" or "in my opinion" in many cases. However, Mikro is correct that there will be refreshes of the code as we proceed through the beta. I have no idea how often and no idea when, but there have been updates and there will be updates.

Mikro is also correct about bug fixes. Depending on the complexity of a reported bug, it may still exist in a refresh long after it was initially reported.

-steve

Who is Mikro anyway ?

And why do you feel the need to defend him ?

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:52 PM
  • Mikro is a person who posts in the forums and files bugs. That's all I know.

There is no defending involved. I'm confirming his answer and acknowledging that you correctly pointed out that a post based on opinion and not on fact should be worded as such.

-steve

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:58 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Mikro is a person who posts in the forums and files bugs. That's all I know.

There is no defending involved. I'm confirming his answer and acknowledging that you correctly pointed out that a post based on opinion and not on fact should be worded as such.

-steve

Thanks Steve

Friday, August 3, 2007 5:34 PM
  • You're very welcome.

-steve

Saturday, August 4, 2007 12:52 AM
  • when there is a new build how do we update it, or are notified of an update?
    Monday, August 6, 2007 9:05 AM
  • It's a quiet little process you'll see a pop balloon saying WLOC about to install an update.

Then WLOC will shut down as the update is applied then it restarts. It might ask to restart your computer to complete an update.

Monday, August 6, 2007 4:19 PM
  • gee wiz.

so oc will update on its own?

i cant wait
    whens the next update?

will the beta stop working once the 2.0 is retail, or will the 200+ days still apply?
    Monday, August 6, 2007 11:47 PM
  • It'll update when there avaliable. No one knows when refresh or updates builds are going to be released they just happen.

The Beta will end at the trail peroid 200X amount of days and by then 2.0 will be released or the time out will be reset by the beta team if more days needed if not they will release Wloc 2.0 final release build which you will need to uninstall the beta and goto WLOC website and install that build. you will need the Subscription for the release build. I'm not sure what wloc beta team has planned but last time there was a discounted offer for beta testers for 12 months. or if you have a subscription you just reactivate wloc 2.0

Oh yeah and you do not need to activate a Beta build it's just a trial. Also it won't activate because it's on a beta server and can't activate.

Monday, August 6, 2007 11:53 PM
  • swell
    Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:10 AM