Access External Drive Folder on Web Site RRS feed

• Question

• Cant someone explain to me how I can setup my external drive with all my music to be seen through the web interface that my whs is running.  I want to have the Music folder on my external drive appear under the music tab on my website that was created by default with whs.  Is this even possible?  Even if it has to be it's own seperate folder that's ok too.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 1:33 AM

Answers

• It isn't possible to expose an external drive through the Windows Home Server interface. Only files and folders that are within the storage pool can be exposed on the remote access web site.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:01 AM
  • Theoretically, there are ways, but why not copy them the share folder?
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:08 AM

All replies

• It isn't possible to expose an external drive through the Windows Home Server interface. Only files and folders that are within the storage pool can be exposed on the remote access web site.
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:01 AM
  • Theoretically, there are ways, but why not copy them the share folder?
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:08 AM
  • Ya, that would be the way I would do it if I didn't have 250gb+ of music.  I've generated a huge collection over the years by ripping my cd's and don't have any extra hard drive's laying around to fit that much on.  Thanks anyways guys, maybe someone will come out with an add-on or something of the sort to enable that feature.  I appreciate the help.

-dubsjw
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:14 PM