Description Field in Closed Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if do you know any solution to see later the description field when I close my opportunity.
    I have tried to get their field description through view personalization, but it wasn't there.
    Any suggestion?

Thanks

Friday, March 20, 2009 1:26 PM

Answers

• You will find it in the system generated activity description field. for the activity that is generated by the system when the Opportunity is closed.  This is the field that gets filled in by the user when the user closes an Opportunity.  It is the description field associated with the Opportunity Close dialogue window.

You can test this by closing an Opportunity, filling in some information in the Description field and then go to history to find the activity related to closing the Opportunity.  Open the activity and look at the Description field.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by sermoc Monday, March 23, 2009 1:05 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:30 PM

All replies

• I think the description field you are referencing is associated with the Activity type of Resolution.  Check the activity that was system generated when you closed the record and see if the description is contained in that activity.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Friday, March 20, 2009 3:34 PM
  •  I was searching their description in closed activities view and I didn't find it... Can you suggest me other place?

Thanks!
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:23 PM
  • You will find it in the system generated activity description field. for the activity that is generated by the system when the Opportunity is closed.  This is the field that gets filled in by the user when the user closes an Opportunity.  It is the description field associated with the Opportunity Close dialogue window.

You can test this by closing an Opportunity, filling in some information in the Description field and then go to history to find the activity related to closing the Opportunity.  Open the activity and look at the Description field.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by sermoc Monday, March 23, 2009 1:05 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 10:30 PM
  • I viewed the history and it was there.

Thanks Donna!

Monday, March 23, 2009 1:05 PM
  • You're Welcome!
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:29 PM