none
Faultrep.dll ERROR 102 (1003) RRS feed

• Question

• This morning my server has crashed four times with a FAULTREP.DLL error 102 (1003). What does the FAULTREP.DLL contain.

I also did a WINDOWS UPDATE and now I can not remotely access my server. I believe one of the updates was with the Remote Connection.

Sunday, April 12, 2009 1:19 PM

All replies

• That error only tells you that your server bluescreened. There's often a matching 1001 error with additional information.

Usually the kind of behavior you describe is the result of a hardware or driver problem. Did you recently change or add hardware, install updated drivers, or have any sort of power problem?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 1:33 PM
  • I just did a Microsoft update. I am searching for NVIDIA NFORCE DRIVERS which I had uninstalled last year which I thought it was giving me problems.

1.) Does doing a CUSTOM WINDOWS UPDATE search and update effect the system.
    2.) Does Windows Desktop Search installed on the server provide problems or is WDS normal.
    3.) Should I download 64 bit Windows Server 2003 drivers for my NVIDIA chipset? Is WHS a 64 bit install? I have a AMD 64 bit processor installed.

Thanks,

Abe
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 1:49 PM
  • I just did a Microsoft update. I am searching for NVIDIA NFORCE DRIVERS which I had uninstalled last year which I thought it was giving me problems.

1.) Does doing a CUSTOM WINDOWS UPDATE search and update effect the system.

Updating from the server desktop is unsupported.  Also, in your first post, you said, "I believe one of the updates was with the Remote Connection."  The RDC update is a Software, Optional update and has been known to cause issues with WHS in the past.  I would try uninstalling that update (and any other Software, Optional updates) if possible.

2.) Does Windows Desktop Search installed on the server provide problems or is WDS normal.

That is another Software, Optional update.  See recommendation above.

3.) Should I download 64 bit Windows Server 2003 drivers for my NVIDIA chipset? Is WHS a 64 bit install?

No.  It's 32 bit.

I have a AMD 64 bit processor installed.

Thanks,

Abe

Sunday, April 12, 2009 4:57 PM
  • I uninstalled Desktop search. What kind of problems will IE7 and Remote Connection 6.0 give me?
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:19 PM
  • I uninstalled Desktop search. What kind of problems will IE7 and Remote Connection 6.0 give me?

IE7 is not optional on WHS so don't worry about it.  RDC has caused other users various weird problems (search the forums for details).  Again, you would be wise to uninstall it.
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:34 PM
  • Will do. Thanks. Now back to my original question. There was no matching ERROR 1001.
    Monday, April 13, 2009 5:51 PM