none
Unable to create shadow copy RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 Vista Home Premium machines one is running wired and the other wireless.  The wired runs backup fine, the wireless gives the unable to create volume snapshot error.  I have run chkdsk too many times to count, reinstalled software numerous times.  Nothing seems to correct this problem.  I get and Event ID of 270 in the event viewer.  Going in circles trying to solve this problem.  This is the trial version of WHS.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you say you've run chkdsk, have you ran it with the /r option, (chkdsk /r) as other options won't clear disk problems.
    Also, does that machine have anything like Acronis or similar on it, or has it's disk ever been cloned or modified?

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 8:20 PM
  • I uninstalled Acronis, ran chkdsk /r, repaired errors caused by an xrite display calibrator, reinstalled xrite software, uninstalled the WHS connect software.... Then tried to reinstall the connect software and now my computer says there is not enough memory to run it.  It has 4gbs of ram.  What next?
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 11:42 PM