You are not authorized to view this page - how ti fix this? RRS feed

• Question

• This message I get when i try to download a connector upgrade.

Been reading some other issues about this, but still can't get this to work.

Does anyone have an ABC, or the time to guide me through this?

Monday, November 17, 2008 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Where are you trying to download from, or is this from your server?

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:15 PM
  • Yeah sorry for forgetting that.

Its from my WHS server to my dekstop using the WHS Client
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:20 PM
  • OK,
    Are you using your Admin password. If so, it could be that the IUSR_<computername> account that is associated with the website on the WHS server needs to be re-enabled. There has been accasions in the past where this has been changed usually by an add-in uninstall.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:44 PM
  • Yes I have logged in using my Admin password - the password I had before this problem.

It could me mentioned this problem occured after I did a full reinstall of my laptop if that has anything to say to this problem?

I have read something about this IUSR, but didn't understand it or how to fix it though.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:54 PM
  • Can you try from any other Client as it sounds like a permissions issue on your re-install rather than anything else. Also, if you have a WHS Console installed, click on Shared Folders, double click the folder you want to check the permissions on, then click the User Access tab and ensure you have the correct permissions for that Client.

Colin

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:19 PM
  • Open the Shared Folder from the WHS Consol is no problem. Have full access. Checked the permissions and it seems its the same on all folders.

Monday, November 17, 2008 7:35 PM
  • Pierce007 said:

Open the Shared Folder from the WHS Consol is no problem. Have full access. Checked the permissions and it seems its the same on all folders.

Are you trying to install the upgrade from \\[servername]\Software\Home Server Connector Software or http://[servername]:55000/?
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:44 PM
  • I have the same exact issue. Installing from  http://[servername]:55000/
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:56 AM
  • socooy said:

I have the same exact issue. Installing from  http://[servername]:55000/

Try running setup.exe in the Home Server Connector Software folder.
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:18 AM
  •  For both Pierce007 and socooy:

Did you by any chance rename, move, or delete the folder \\server\software\home server connector software? If you did, then please rename/move the folder back. If you deleted it you can follow the instructions here to restore it. Then you would be best advised to log on to your server using reote desktop or a physical console and uninstall the November update. Then log off and reapply using the Windows Home Server console's Update Now... button.

If you made other changes to your server outside of the Windows Home server console, you may find that the above doesn't help. In that case, your best recourse will be a server reinstallation.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:54 PM