SSRS reporting in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am in the development Phase  of CRM system and very new to CRM and CRM SSRS reporting, would like to know some SSRS reporting question .

I am using one  custom enitity  to capture Order received date  and there is another enitity which is contains some date information related to  order .

Is it possible in crm to join these 2  entities in crm to calculate no of days between 1st entity data and 2nd entity date .

Please guide me the extensibility of CRM reporting tool.

Cheers,

Sunday, July 3, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

• Yes it is possible you can join entities (via Link-Entity). CRM 2011 reporting uses FetchXml (in case of on-premise and online) or Filtered Views (in case of on-premise oinly) and you can join in fetchxml and as well as FIltered Views, Fetch Xml example:

<fetch version='1.0' output-format='xml-platform' mapping='logical' distinct='true'>
    <entity name='team'>
    <attribute name='name' />
    <attribute name='businessunitid' />
    <attribute name='teamid' />
    <order attribute='name' descending='false' />
    <link-entity name='teammembership' from='teamid' to='teamid' visible='false' intersect='true'>
    <link-entity name='systemuser' from='systemuserid' to='systemuserid' alias='user'>
    <filter type='and'>
    <condition attribute='systemuserid' operator='eq' value='{0}' />
    </filter>
    </link-entity>
    </link-entity>
    </entity>
    </fetch>

or you may also refer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328117.aspx

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by SSQLL Sunday, July 3, 2011 7:25 PM
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 6:03 PM
  • Hi Jehanzeb,

My question is  "Is it possible to join 2 diffrent entities for reporting purpose in crm ? " 

Cheers

• Marked as answer by SSQLL Friday, August 12, 2011 8:49 AM
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 5:43 PM

All replies