PC hijacked by a malware called "Live PC Care" RRS feed

• General discussion

• My pc is hijacked by a bogus virus protection malware "Live PC Care" that does not allow installation of other legitimate scanning/protection software.  I have tried Defender, AVG, Super AntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor, etc and none of them have been able to get rid of it.  It did not allow Defender, AVG to even install.  Superspyware doctor detects a few of the cokies but does not remove the malware.  I also tried editing the registry as described on a few websites.  I was unable to delete some other dlls and files that the same website instructed to also delete becuase I could not find the files in my search of my computer.  It looks very much like a legitimate virus protection package but it is a coercion tool.  How do I get rid of it besides reloading the complete OS? 
    It has disabled my ctrl/alt/del function.  I cannot kill/uninstall the program. It has taken over the virus protection/firewall in my security center. 
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:56 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:57 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:35 PM

All replies