Integration with Exchange UM RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a lab environment working (fairly) well, but I'm having some trouble integrating Exchange UM and OCS. I have them working independently of each other. I can use OCS to call between users and the PBX, and I can call into the Exchange system subscriber access and auto-attendant numbers just fine.

So I ran the OCSUMExch utility which created 2 user accounts - 1 for my subscriber access number and 1 for my auto-attendant. When I try to dial the subscriber access number, OCS looks up the number, resolves it to the Subscriber Access account which got created and then immediately tells me "User SubscriberAccess is unvailable". So I guess my question is how I make those accounts appear available to OCS. The numbers are all in the E.164 format and it seems to resolve them correctly. Did I miss a step here?
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:32 PM

All replies

•  

Does your UM gateway name in Exchange match the location profile name in OCS?
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 11:13 PM
  • It did. My problem was actually forgetting to run the ExchUMUtil.ps1 script, or more specifically, not configuring the OCS server as an additional gateway. I made the mistake of assuming the calls would traverse the PBX from OCS to Exchange instead of being a direct connection. All is well now.
    Friday, February 1, 2008 12:11 AM