Sharing account information RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using CRM 4.0 and having an issue with how information is shared.  I have two techs in my business and the three of us interact with the clients.  I've been working on two accounts with one of my techs and we have been entering case notes, but are not seeing the other person's notes with in the account.  If we go to cases and then select all cases, we can see the cases and they are attached to the accounts we are working.  Being new to Microsoft CRM, I'm not sure what we are doing wrong.

Please advise. 

Jason

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:18 AM

Answers

• CRM use the concept of security roles to decide who can do what with records.  When users are added to the CRM system they have to be assigned to one or more roles. These roles determine who can see what.

I would think the first step is to check the roles you and your techs belong to. You'll find this in Settings | Administration | Users. Open each user record in turn and you'll find roles on the left-hand side. If you then double-click on a role you'll get a new record that shows all the settings (there are loads).

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:28 AM

All replies

• CRM use the concept of security roles to decide who can do what with records.  When users are added to the CRM system they have to be assigned to one or more roles. These roles determine who can see what.

I would think the first step is to check the roles you and your techs belong to. You'll find this in Settings | Administration | Users. Open each user record in turn and you'll find roles on the left-hand side. If you then double-click on a role you'll get a new record that shows all the settings (there are loads).

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:28 AM
  • Hi.

You should check the appendTo access right on the note entity for the roles involved.

this should be set to business unit (half yellow) level if the three of you are in the same business unit, otherwise consider raising the appendTo access write to the organization level (whole green).

Hope this helped.

Adi

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:43 AM
  • Dear Jason,

Check AppendTo Access right , for more see ms crm implementattion guide to setup roles and rights.

there are few things you can block using CRM Development as well

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:11 AM