How to connect to ONLINE free SQL databse with xamarin mobile app development RRS feed

• Question

• I am using visual studio 2017 to develop a cross-platform mobile app. It will require a connection to an online database, or server, since the users will need to be able to interact with each other by sharing images. I am completely lost, and do not know how to get started with the server development. Do I need to install anything SQL related?? Do I need to do something online? Is it free? I am so lost I'm not even sure this is the right forum for this question. Clear concise explanations much appreciated :)

Thanks!!

Sunday, September 3, 2017 6:31 PM

All replies

• It is probably not the correct forum, since who says that the database should be an on-prem SQL Server installation? Doesn't this has "cloud" written all over it? So SQL Azure, CosmosDB, Postgress could all be options to you, and that is only what Microsoft offers.

I think a more developer-oriented forum is a better place to ask.

Sunday, September 3, 2017 8:12 PM
  • Hi Ned,

As the issue is more related to Xamarin development, I’d suggest you post it in Xamarin forum for better response.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 4, 2017 1:56 AM