Inline editing of subgrid in Opportunity in crm 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

does anyone know about adding inline editable subgrid to the Opportunity form in CRM 2013.

Please help me if you have any information.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you may try this product provided by Sonoma to get some direction.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav Bajpai

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Hello,

Inline editing capability is only added to specific view at this point, so you need to develop your on custom web resource if you are looking to add editable subgrid.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

i have a subgrid in quote which is inline editable, see the below image.

in opportunity also i have created the subgrid with same same view but when i click on the '+' symbol to add any product in the subgrid it is opening in new page, can we made it to open in the same grid like quote.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hello,

As i said at present inline editing is only supported to specific view to adding products like opportunit, quote,order and invoice, so this feature is not available to custom sub grids that you will add.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:48 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

yes, As you mentioned in the above list, i want to add it in Opportunity.

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:58 AM
  • It's already there in opportunity form, OOB product grid ??

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:17 PM
  • Yes, it is already there in the opportunity but when i click on the '+' symbol, it taking me to the new page. i need to edit in the same grid line.

thanks,

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Ok, then it is not not editable grid, Please goto opportunity form and check if subgrid is

it not then selected it. Save and publish your opportunity form.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:50 PM
  •     I have deleted the old grid and again added a new subgrid in the form but no use.

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Could you share screenshot here

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:26 PM
  • Here is the screen shot:

when i click on the '+' it is navigating to the new page.

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:34 PM
  • I mean screen shot of sub grid setting.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:37 PM
  • sorry, see the below image:

Nagaraj

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:00 PM
  • Hi Nagraj,

Is this a fresh ms crm 2013 deployment or you have upgraded it ??

I can see subgrid name and label is changed so it's not a default suubgrid in ms crm 2013. It seems original subgrid is deleted/ or changed and custom sub grid is added, that's why now it's not working as defaulted.

If you have not much customization on done, what you can try take opportunity entity from fresh environment and import it here and see if you can get it back.

I will do some more R&D and if i will find something will update you.

HTH

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Hi Mahender,

I have exported a solution containing opportunity entity from another new crm, and imported  to the crm, but of no use.

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:05 AM
  • You can use http://crmgrid.codeplex.com/, if you need any help, send me email.
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:31 PM
  • Hi Markuphub,

I didn't find any solution on the above link, can you please explain what I need to do to achieve the requirement.

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:37 PM
  • hi,

please once go to the opportunity form and  click  '+' on the product subgrid and add existing product,

select one product  and related price amounts will appear in the grid.

In that grid u will edit the any field in that particular record

Once Try It.

Friday, January 17, 2014 10:22 AM
  • Hi sailusha,

i have tried to add a product but it is navigating to the new page.

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Friday, January 17, 2014 10:57 AM
  • hi nagaraj

once u tried properly it doesn't navigate once check  please

Friday, January 17, 2014 11:11 AM
  • hi

Once observe the above pic what I sent

Once observe this it not navigating to the other page, did u observe and  please watch this video also if u can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10EFVjm5FG4

Friday, January 17, 2014 12:02 PM
  • Yes, it is default behavior of opportunity in new crm 2013, but our crm is upgraded from 2011 to 2013, this is why it is not behaving like above. I have observed this inline editing behavior in new crm(which i was recently created for testing purpose) as it doesn't have any customizations.

In our crm the functionality was missed, can we obtain again that functionality.

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Friday, January 17, 2014 12:20 PM
  • Hi Nagaraju,

Editable gridview is already available in MS Dynamics CRM 2013. For this you only have to first save the record then you'll be illegible to edit inline the gridview.

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:09 PM
  • The inline editing functionality is enabled through JScripts that are bound to the specific grid. 

All the user has to do in this case is rename the grid so it is called by the same name the default grid was called. This way the scripts will find the grid in question and enable the inline editing functionality.

Here is a suggestion: Never EVER edit the default CRM forms. Always make a copy of the form and disable the default one so you can keep it as a backup. This way you can always revert back to the default form if something is broke.

Rant Alert: When adding new features to CRM, it would be great if MSFT does it so through the xRM framework, so we can customise or add this functionality to our customisations. Failing to do so is a massive drawback to the concept of xRM and raises a lot of questions on the future of the platform.

• Edited by pmdci Monday, September 8, 2014 4:27 PM
    • Proposed as answer by pmdci Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:45 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 4:25 PM
  • The solution is simple..just modify the name of grid same as in my screenshot

Padmakar - http://gpadmakar.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:52 AM