none
Little bug? RRS feed

• Question

• Some more nitpicking at the forums to make someone pull their hair out.

Using Google Chrome - Version 24.0.1312.56 m

“If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.”

Don't forget to mark helpful posts and answers ! Answer an interesting question? Write a new article about it! My Articles
    *This post does not reflect the opinion of Microsoft, or its employees.

• Edited by Paul Ishak Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:57 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:55 AM

Answers

• Can anyone else dupe this? I can't duplicate this issue.

Only at 212% Zoom.   It is most noticeable when I hover over an award from the second column of Bronze.   Then I can see it at 187%.  IE10 on W8.   ICIM my normal Zoom setting is 112% which might account for the odd numbers above.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:37 PM

All replies

• I don't see that in Chrome. On a profile?

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:45 AM
    Owner
  • it's that little line... 

(open this image in a new tab)

“If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.”

Don't forget to mark helpful posts and answers ! Answer an interesting question? Write a new article about it! My Articles

• Edited by Paul Ishak Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:48 AM
  • I cannot duplicate this in Chrome. Don't see it in any of those spots.

What version? I'm using Chrome 24.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:53 AM
    Owner
  • I cannot duplicate this in Chrome. Don't see it in any of those spots.

What version? I'm using Chrome 24.

Thanks!

This bug exists elsewhere too(after filtered search):

This version of chrome:

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:55 AM

• “If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.”

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:58 AM

Thanks!

Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:30 AM
    Owner

Thanks!

I found out a little more, this has to do with the zoom. Try ctrl+mousewheel slowly through each step...

Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:32 PM
  • I could not repro and I tried Ctrl+ and Ctrl- several times.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:32 PM
  • I definitely see it with IE 9 and if I change the zoom level, there are 3 distinctive states:

1) Line present, 2 pixels wide

2) Line present, 1 pixel wide

3) Line not present

Monday, February 18, 2013 5:04 PM
  • I definitely see it with IE 9 and if I change the zoom level, there are 3 distinctive states:

1) Line present, 2 pixels wide

2) Line present, 1 pixel wide

3) Line not present

Thanks Kamin, I was starting to think I was the only one... I've been thinking about it, and I am starting to think it has something to do with scaling, maybe the width of the picture can't be scaled properly with the zoom levels of the internet browsers,although it only does it on the copper, not the silver or gold... 

• Edited by Paul Ishak Monday, February 18, 2013 5:23 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 5:18 PM
  • And it affects my work...I had a dream about that little line chasing me last night and now I cannot concentrate on my job.  AHHHH!!

:P

Monday, February 18, 2013 5:37 PM
  • And it affects my work...I had a dream about that little line chasing me last night and now I cannot concentrate on my job.  AHHHH!!

:P

lol I don't know what kind of work you do then, but maybe you need a vacation!!

Monday, February 18, 2013 5:40 PM
  • I see this line with Ed's profile now, but it's very tiny.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, February 18, 2013 5:46 PM
  • In IE9 on Win7 I have to zoom out to 125% or more to see the line.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:24 PM
  • IE9:

100% Zoom:

110% Zoom:

A very tiny small line, the more you zoom, the bigger the line goes.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:30 PM
  • With my IE 9, the size of the line in the three states I listed changes going back and forth between the three on each change.  Not sequentially though.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:36 PM

Only at 212% Zoom.   It is most noticeable when I hover over an award from the second column of Bronze.   Then I can see it at 187%.  IE10 on W8.   ICIM my normal Zoom setting is 112% which might account for the odd numbers above.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:37 PM