what is AD attrib ipPhone used for? RRS feed

• Question

• Our company AD contains four-digit direct dial extension values in the ipPhone field.  Noticed that the AB server was complaining about "Unmatched number" for every user, so I went ahead and added an application normalization rule in my Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules file.  The errors went away, so I'm assuming that AB server is now picking them up, but they are not apparent in our MOC07 clients when viewing the contact card.

Hunted around, and the only thing I could find was a reference in the LCS 2005 AB guide that says this gets used for the

IPPhoneNumber and IPTelUri.  But I can't find any mention of what clients use this data and where.  Anyone know?

Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:14 PM

All replies

• OCS expects E164 numbers everywhere. Are your extensions in +XXXX format and are you normalizing to that?

In my case, I wasn't normalizing to +XXXX and none of the numbers were shown in client address book.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:17 AM
  • I figured that part out, I just noticed that ipPhone was being complained about in the log, but once I entered a valid normalization rule in I can't figure out where (if anywhere) the ipPhone field gets leveraged within MOC.

Fred Nielsen

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:45 PM